Vista lag ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnT

EGO Is My Life!
[blockquote]Microsoft's launch of Windows Vista could slow down or stall traffic on the Net, said Paul Mockapetris, who is widely credited with inventing the Internet's Domain Name System (DNS). Mockapetris believes Vista's introduction will cause a surge in DNS traffic because the operating system supports two versions of the Internet Protocol, a technology standard used to send information over computer networks.

"It is going to be mud season on the Internet, where things will just be kind of slow and gooey."
--Paul Mockapetris,
DNS inventor "If you adopt Vista, your DNS traffic is going to double," Mockapetris said in an interview. With many DNS servers already running close to capacity, this can have serious consequences, he said. "You're going to see brownouts. All of a sudden, it is going to be mud season on the Internet, where things will just be kind of slow and gooey."

Vista may cause an increase in DNS traffic, but not to the extent predicted by Mockapetris, Microsoft countered in a statement provided to CNET News.com last week. Other experts support Microsoft and suggest Mockapetris' predictions are related to his role at Nominum, the Redwood City, Calif., vendor of DNS products where he is chief scientist..........[/blockquote]

http://news.com.com/Will+Vista+stall+Net+traffic/2100-1016_3-6112338.html?tag=nefd.lede

wow, those ....you know, ok so internet is going to be slow, so gaming is going tobe laggy? so everyone is going to have to buy this "vista" in order to have regular working internet, what a scam...

Vista is a completely unnecessary move by Microsoft. New programs are created for XP everyday, and there's no need for a better system, at least for a few years. On another note, here's the reason I will DEFINATELY not be getting Vista. Vista will ONLY be compatible with a new generation of DirectX10 games made only for Vista. This means that every computer game EVER CREATED will not work on Vista. Games like DoD and BF2 use DirectX9, the highest one yet, which I think is completely fine, and not really in need of any improvement for the time being. Vista is going to suffer from the gaming industry; it's only real attractiveness is to program developers, companies, etc.

MS does things to make money, so they're going to release things that aren't absolutely needed. To top it off, they release things that need security fix after security fix. Go with linux, less security threat and it's free.

I compare Microsoft to Star Wars Episodes 1-3. The same people that bash it are the same ones to see it. Microsoft sets the standard, and everyone else beter keep up. No one has been able to reach their heights, and until they do, we'll all be whores to Microsoft. I LOVE YOU BILL!!!

[quote1157598215=Noxus]
Vista is a completely unnecessary move by Microsoft. New programs are created for XP everyday, and there's no need for a better system, at least for a few years. On another note, here's the reason I will DEFINATELY not be getting Vista. Vista will ONLY be compatible with a new generation of DirectX10 games made only for Vista. This means that every computer game EVER CREATED will not work on Vista. Games like DoD and BF2 use DirectX9, the highest one yet, which I think is completely fine, and not really in need of any improvement for the time being. Vista is going to suffer from the gaming industry; it's only real attractiveness is to program developers, companies, etc.
[/quote1157598215]

actually noxus vista supports all dx9 games and they actually improve the performance of the games becuase of the better written dx code in vista

Vista works just fine... just don't try to register your DNS entries with your server. This was implmented back in Windows 2K or 2K3. It can cause an increase in traffic however, if properly setup with works just fine.

Also, they're only on the Vista Rleaase Candidates so wait for them to go gold and relase at least two service packs.

For gamers XP and XP64 are just fine... for true power users go to Vista and enjoy.

-Deacon

Or if you want to enjoy the next level in gaming.
Crysis anyone?
Were gonna have ta switch to Vista someday to get Dx10+, but I agree with DGX.... Wait for the first wave of patches to come through.
Ill also second Toothpastes saying on Dx9 games. They will still work.

Well I heard the report pretty much when it first came out a while ago, when Vista was just a rumor, so I guess it changed. As of then, DX9 games wouldn't work.

Here's hoping that I don't have to use Windows much longer, or Vista ever again. I've always hated Windows, but I'm forced to use it because most gaming-companies forget that there are alternative OS's. My primary operating system is Linux, because it is just so much nicer. Sadly, it can be annoying to restart the computer just so that I can play a game - and Wine/Cedega aren't very usable at all. Once again, here's hoping...

i dont know if im going to use vista when it comes out. it sounds laggy and I remember when XP came out. it had a lot of errors so it sounds like im gonna let this one ferment...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back