Metalheads??

Alias[DAM]

Poster Extraordinaire
Hej guys,

I'm a big time Iron Maiden fan, i go and see them every time they are in Holland.. It's one of the best metal-bands in the world (if they're not the best already:))
Are there any metalfans in this clan, there probably will be a few of perhaps more then a few.

My questions: What are/is your best metal band(s) and why are they the best?

I wouldnt say I had a favorite metal BAND but thier are some bands that have more songs on an album that are better.
Iron maiden is one of them. But so is danzig or iggy pop or much more

Iron Maiden is a favorite. Seen them twice so far, great shows.
I used to play guitar online with Sara "Baracuda" of the Iron Maidens for about a year, that was alot of fun.

Other than that, just about anything 80ish metal.

Have you guys also heard about the Ozzfest incident? And what Sharon Osborn did to the set Iron Maiden was playing?

I listen almost exclusively to melodic Death Metal and Black Metal. I dig Folk Metal a lot too. Most of the bands I like are out of Scandinavia of course.

It's annoying to read someone's mile-long "bands I like" list, so I'll just list a few. I like them all for the same reasons - complex, flowing sound, various artistic methods, cultural insight:

In Flames, Amorphis, Dimmu Borgir, Samael, Scar Symmetry, Hypocrisy, Amon Amarth, Old Man's Child, Morbid Angel.

Reading the few posts here, i think i can conclude there are alot of metalheads playing DoD:S.. Good thing!:D

mmm lets see we got rammstein.....iron maiden...lamb of god..black sabbath(might not be metal..pandora :D whoops forgot lordi

Slayer is cool but right now i am REALLY into Lamb of GOD. Also dig Arch Enemy. Always looking for the new metal. Was listening to Slayer in the 80s. Pantera in the 90s Lamb in the now!

cfh.jpg

GWAR!
Lordi!
Dragonforce!
Dream Theater!
Dethklok!
Iron Maiden!

^Those may not be your typical Metal bands, but that's pretty much where my taste in metal ends.

[quote1187915183=slayr357]
Slayer is cool but right now i am REALLY into Lamb of GOD. Also dig Arch Enemy. Always looking for the new metal. Was listening to Slayer in the 80s. Pantera in the 90s Lamb in the now!
[/quote1187915183]
im starting to like lamb of god too
hourglass is a good one

i know this is an old thread but i havent been on in a while so yeah, jus sayin. IRON MAIDEN FTW!!!!
i love practically every metal band from the 80s (the 1 i dont like is slayer) and all classic rock bands from the 60s and 70s. and van halen is going on tour!!!! thats gonna be so awesome!!!!! looks like im goin to have to travel to see em but not that big a deal.

[quote1188629344=masterofpuppets]
I think you can gather my answer by my name =)
[/quote1188629344]

Yeah! my absolute #1 favorite music album of all time! and for a very long time too. I remember buying it on cassette tape when it came out, have probaly bought it at least a good 5-6 more times since then to replace it when it wore out lol.

well Im into gangsta rap, but baron rojo has been showing me some really cool metal music, I love both worlds....lol rap and metal

what thor said :D except for dream theater, inculding slayer, iron maiden, pandora, lamb of god, rammstein, heck any heavy metal band i could think of

Living Sacrifice, and As I Lay Dying are pretty good. I used to listen to Pantera too. It's hard for me to find a metal band that I like alot, cause' usually there's always something that annoys me about them. Either it's the singer's voice, or maybe if they're drummer isn't that good... or if they just don't sound that original.

Back