I love =(eGO)=? becuase...

Back two years ago or so, I was searching for a decent DoD:S server to play in.

Back then it was hard to find a regular server with good people with good attitudes and the desire to JUST play the game without all the messy drama most gamers usually have. A lot of the server either had WAY to many annoying mods / sounds to download and/or MAny servers either have NO ADMINs or had a few POWER HUNGRY ADMINS (like ridiculously powerhungry... the type that would ban you if you were a good player.... or even just killed them Or no reason at all... they just love to ban).

I was feed up and started joining a WHOLE bunch of diffrent servers to find the right one. It hasn't been long until i connected to one of the =(eGO)=? servers (at that time there was no "?"). At that time, there was only the AVA server and less than 200 members. Finally, I found a well rounded group of gamers and i started to hang out.

Soon, I started to ONLY play on that server. Weeks pasted by. I started to build a great kinship with all the clan members and regulars and it wasn't long until JohnT told me to sign up. Well, Actually (if my memory is correct), after playing in the Ava server (for months). I asked JohnT "Hey JohnT, how do i become a member?"

He replied "Gezz someslavikdude, I Thought you'd never ask"

He gave me the old edgegamers.us link and from there that's how i became to be.

=]

I love to keep the servers in order and having the our players/regulars play in a setting how it SHould be, Fun and competitive with decent respectful players. Even with all the Growth and Changes. One thin never changed and never will; FUN !

Tell me your story, it doesn't have to be long. The shorter the easier for me to read o_O

In about a month I will have been with eGO for 1 year. I was playing CS:S competitively and wanted to find a server that was filled with a lot of good players and with good, fair admins on it. I was looking on my friends list and found one of my friends playing on an eGO server. I thought "hmm... eGO, i have one... they must too" (lawl, i know...) so I entered expecting to have a lot of people with big heads running their mouth constantly about how they would pwn me once they reached CEVO P. WOW was i wrong! I found a tight knit family that I enjoyed playing with. It was the perfect server (dust2), a lot of good players for competition and a lot of beginners who were just looking to have a good time.

Once i read up on all the rules and all about the clan I fell in love. I knew that I would much rather be in a clan like this than the clan i was currently in. I asked Crimson after a while how to join and he lead me to the site's recruiting office. And now here I am, much happier than my competition days!

It was the the summer of 2008.. I remember it well.. no I don't.
Anyway, I had just acquired this new computer and did what I had been planning from the moment I saw the first screenshots of Team Fortress 2 back on my old computer that couldn't run anything - I bought it.

My friend who played Team Fortress 2 already, asked me to join him on the server. I think it was back in the days when you still had the 24/7 Convoy-server. My first time playing TF2 and getting to know you guys. Then I moved on to Turbine. At first, I had no intentions of joining this community, I just constantly played on eGO-servers because I loved the atmosphere - punk free.

Maybe it was destiny, maybe it was something else. But after a few months of playing, I finally took the link to Edgegamers.org and went to the TF2 recruitment office. I read the rules, copypasted the application format, filled it and here we are, nearly a year later.

And never have I had any regrets toward signing up.

Tahoe, its two months bro! We joined the same day! O.O

Yeah, 10 months back I bought DoD:S and stumbled upon the eGO flash server. Loved it. I was like "Goomba, how do I join?" and I signed up. :D!

Since then I've transfered to the CS:S division, and everything has been great.

My brother bought the Orange Box for the PC last July, he loved HL2 and portal and all that jazz. He tried TF2 once, couldn't figure anything out so I went "Hey, give us a shot" I went on. After Aboout 3 different servers I found an =(eGO)=™ 24/7 2fort server. Hell, I was playing and listening to people talk on mic, and via text and everyone seemed really nice. I played for a week or 2 and then decided to join. I was very shy for the first month or two. I didn't talk on mic, or text very much. I then found people I was comfortable talking with, I now have virtually no problem talking on mic unless my brother is in the room doing uni work. I have met many awsome people, pubs and members alike. I never looked back, and never will. eGO is my home, it is one of the few servers where I can play treated fairly, without my age being taken into account, or the fact that I'm in Scotland. I tend to be harrassed on other server's being told to do the demoman speech stuff, very annoying and embarressing.

eGO is awsome, eGO is mature, eGO, my good people, is home.

I have been playing on eGO servers for about 9 months , and became a member soon after. I enjoy playing on the servers and like all the support that the fellow admins give you when there is a problem in the servers. I hope eGO stays around a long time because it is a very good place to play

played with my friends acc for a while known as "bandgeek" and i got my own acc then joined cuz tat was the only server i played in so i joined and so far it has been the best organization i ever been in!!!

I had left playing team fortress 2 for over a year . I had been playing a game Threadspace : HYperbol . It was a fun game but people just started to hate me . One person even banned me from his/her server for being more skilled . then a friend told me about eGO and i went to the website . i didn't join right away though . I joined because the last time i played , almost everyone pretty much rebeled against me and it made me feel hurt . Then i went to an eGO tf2 server and tried it out for afew days and figured that it was a really nice community . TF2 did make me mad from dying alot at first but i rembered people would'nt rub it in my face and make a big deal out of it . so i decided it was a rreally great community . and i enjoy it

Mmmm eGO. Just eGO, everything about eGO is eGO, were just awesome and every other clan out there is jealous.

I joined after i played on the servers (Obviously). Before i joined, me and my brothers dont like wearing tags and i was a bit weary about wearing eGO's tags. After about 2 weeks i was promoted and i knew this was the place for me.

Other than eGO, i have not thought about joining another clan. Ever!

It was Christmas of 07'. My friend had bought me the Orange Box as a present. I was happy :D
I was like, woah! A box of games I've never heard of! I went home, started up Steam and opened my Steam gift (I already had HL2).

I went ahead and installed TF2, I knew how to join servers because I saw my friend play it before. I joined some servers, it was fun for awhile, at least until I started noticing hackers. It was getting irritating. I started losing interest in playing TF2, that is until I found 2 clan servers to play in.
eGO, TLGS and DiG.

I started playing between the 3 clan's servers. I started getting more comfortable with eGO because people weren't cursing, hacking or griefing and if they did, they would be swiftly taken down by the hammer. I was like, wow, this is a great server. Then I noticed that there were more eGO servers, I got hooked. I kept playing for about a month. I came on the to eGO website which I believe at the time there were 3 different domains for each game (DoD:S, CS:S and TF2) not sure if CoD:4 was in it. Anyway, at the time I only joined the website, not the clan, I was still unsure where to go because I still didn't know my way around a forum very well. I went into an eGO server and asked the admins a question, I asked "How to I join the clan?". One admin (or should I say all admins) gave me the direct link to "SixxGunn's recruiting office", I was like.... Sweet... I applied and was immediately accepted.
Now here I am, 1 year and 3 months later, an eG for eGO's servers. I never thought I would be promoted to an admin, it's pretty awesome I get to be a part of a now very big community like eGO.

I was stuck to the game cod4,soon I began to get bored tried to play C:SS . My counter strike source was not working. I played zombie for a few months and then stumbled upon the Jail Server. I fell in love with the teamwork and the respect in the server. Soon I began thinking about joining the FUN.
I joined and hopped in ventrillo and soon loved the whole environment of eGO.

I have been in eGO for almost a year and a half. I joined eGO in the most unlikely game anyone on here has joined in. I joined eGO in Pirates Vikings Knights II.....thats right. I was a free lance player and i played PVKII alot. I always played on the eGO server there so i decided to be a part of the clan. When signing up, i saw how many great servers and division eGO has and i branched out from there. I join the unit [7] house before it became Imperial Guard. From there i moved through the ranks. Today, i enjoy playing on all of eGO's server, but sadly, the server that i joined on, no longer exits. No more PVKII server. You can find me mostly on Strand.

...because its a fun thing to do. (for all you colbert fans out there)

umm i joined up a few months ago because i was very active on the dust2 server. its a great server, theres awesome regulars on there, very fun to play with. and i just liked the appeal of having a mature clan. Attended a few events and loved them, also love how often events are held...so often i can't even make all of them! great stuff...love how active everybody is.

i was surfing the internet for a nice clean de_dust2 server where i could play my game in peace without being called hacker if i killed someone in a lucky shot... then i suddenly found eGO dd2 server and i liked the atmosphere and the clean server.
next day i came back and played more on the server and i started to talk with some people from eGO. i went to the website and started surfing the forums to find out excactly what kind of clan you were. i liked what i saw :D then i found out that you had a 24/7 highschool server? by that time i didnt know that great map. I started css and joined the server. after an hour i liked the map, after a day i loved the map :D i then asked if it would be possible for me to join eGO. i was told to go to forums, register and read the stickies. so i did that :) i posted an application and i was accepted right away. so i started playing with the e tag.
i was then (sadly) hacked... (my steam account) i told steam but they said i couldnt get it back since i forgot some importent things... I have now got a new account i just need to get my Steam ID changed!

i love the hole thing about eGO!

Last edited:
It's was a pure luck. I just enter one of our eGO servers, Donner btw, and then never looked back since. I just wanted to join bunch of guys that like the game, that have fun playing together. In 10 years of online gaming, honestly this is the biggest and most amazing community of the world to my eyes !

I love eGO because they keep you safe from the mean people on the internet, and they let kids join.

I'm a proud member of over 10 months!

well ive been like 1 month or maybe 3 weeks so far im loving it and every1 has been very nice and well since im 13 if suffered alot of insults couse of my age and in eGO i dont get that anymore and well ive made a few friends in between those are...Hoodie CrimsonLotus and J-Wall those are pretty much the only friends i have, but hey in 3 weeks i think that good and yea im looking forward of making tons of friends and yea im cant play CS:S right now couse my video card got burnt(idk why lol) and my dads friends is fixing it ima get it back on wednesday until then ima be posting and saying welcome to new members and so yea i love eGO and i hope in never leave it(ILL NEVER LEAVE IT)
all right guys thats all hehe
THNX eGO

Back