BattleField 2142 - spyware included

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kendle

Fire Bringer
Board Member
When you open the box, a big slip of paper falls out first, preceeding any discs or manuals. The slip of paper says, essentially, that 2142 includes monitoring software which runs while your computer is online, and records "anonymous" information like your IP address, surfing habits (probably via cookie scans), and other "computing habits" in order to report this information back to ad companies and ad servers, which generates in-game ads.

battle2.jpg

battle.jpg

i think EA is goin to lose a lot players due to this, personally im not a big fan of the bf franchise so it really doesnt matter to me

i play bf 2142 al the tiime and whenenver i do spyware scan it doesnt detect 2142 as one.... and plus nobody complained when SWAT 4 had this similar type of ad spyware

im playing bf2142, there is more to it then all the problems and I just found that out. many people might think that its just another battlefield 2 mod priced at 50$ well I like the game it and they can have all the spyware as they want.. I do not care. Lol. As long as I do not have any issues with it, and so far i havent.

I am tired of buying 59.99 coffee table coasters. I paid 10 bucks for half life and played DoD classic for 4 or 5 years. I bought the Silver package for Source but don't play any of the other games.....

I am done buying games I quit playing after a week or two.

Not me, I buy games and stick with em, PC games at least. I bought CoD:UO and played for like a year, then got BF2 and I still play it, and I'll be playing DoD:S for a long long time. Console games I finish quickly though. I'm getting F.E.A.R. tomorrow for the X360, though, and I'll be playing that for a long time too.

Man I am ONE HUNDREDD PERCNET WITH SUSHI (seafood is evil, but I still agree) It has done nothing to my computer, I didn't like bf2 that much, but man THIS GAME IS AWESOEM

I really enjoyed all the BF series games. I would be perfectly fine if they had in-game advertisements if they did NOT change the $50 to pay for the game. But to make you buy the game and get bombarded with in-game ads its the dumbest way to market a game.

Its worth it if you ask me. I loved it (untill my mom just took my computer away because I was on it too much). But It'll be a while before I can play anything except at my dad's or a friends house (I'm at my dad's right now)

[quote1162665476=Silentsushix]
ehh, Lol I have the money to waste, Its better then me wasting it on something stupid that will get me in trouble.
[/quote1162665476]

Normally when I spend my money on something stupid that gets me in trouble, it turns into a fantastic night!

[quote1162669160=Dev]
[quote1162665476=Silentsushix]
ehh, Lol I have the money to waste, Its better then me wasting it on something stupid that will get me in trouble.
[/quote1162665476]

Normally when I spend my money on something stupid that gets me in trouble, it turns into a fantastic night!
[/quote1162669160]

Hahahah ya same here, but i belive that it was worth the 50$. AND, the in game advertising isnt going to be "Bombarding you" It will be like your driving down the free way andd see those big signs onthe side of the freeway. Look, these are where the in game advertisements are going to be, and you can always ignore them if you want.
3mz4.jpg

9gr5.jpg

1dn5.jpg

5hb7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back