Farewell To Our Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
starbuck.jpg

It is with great sorrow that eGO must say goodbye to one of our own. Most of us knew Tech Sgt. Starbuck as "Tech", or sometimes "Little Timmy's Dad". The luckier ones knew him as Ken Mauder. He was 57 years old, and a three year member of our community.

Ken was one of the veteran members of eGO. He joined his friends Sad Sak, JohnT, Artimus, Elldallan and Slayr after leaving their old gaming clan, Resistance Platoon. The =(eGO)= tag would not be the recognizable symbol it is today, if not for Ken. He was the one who originally came up with the idea to give our tags the wings we all wear with pride.

For three years, we laughed with Tech, as he regaled us all with the imaginative adventures of "Little Timmy". He was a colorful addition to our Team Speak and then our Ventrilo channels. We cheered him on in Donner, as we captured the tank and forged our way through the connector. Tech was our one man comedy show who brought a smile to the faces of those who knew him best. He inspired old school community loyalty, and a sense of family, to those of us wearing the very tags he helped to create.
In essence, Tech was not just friend. He was family.

In the last year, it was with alarm and dread, that we witnessed the decline of Ken's health. Throughout the hospital visits, and the surgeries, Ken's spirit stayed vibrant. After battling illness related to surgical recovery, Ken could no longer fight the good fight.
On Tuesday, July 14th, 2009, Tech Sgt. Starbuck was called home for the last time. Our John Wayne has sauntered off into the sunset, and the world is sadder for its loss.

To give your condolences, share your memories of Tech, or just to say goodbye,
please visit the Tech Sgt. Starbuck Guestbook.

Last edited by a moderator:
We should be celebrating him for helping bringing this clan to were it is but he shal and always will rest in peace for he was a good part of eGO and will be greatly missed by ALL Members here

Rest In Peace

He'll be watching over eGO now and keeping the servers up where he is now clean :)

I didnt know Tech because I just came into the community around 3 or 4 days ago. But He sounded like a good man. I feel sad to know that we lost one of our own. He can rest peacefully now though.

A very sad day indeed. I did not have the opportunity to meet him but from what I have read he was an outstanding person. I would like to extend my condolences to his friends and family.

R/GBC

Will never forget the great time we had playing, writing, and chatting in the R|P days. Ken was one of the funniest guys I ever met. All the people that know Ken, now he was a kind, understanding and welcoming soul....Ken would write the funniest posts, hang out on ts or a vent, play games, smoke, have his dogs around him, and camp in the prone position somewhere :) . He had the Charm of a stud; I remember he would sweet talk the ladies in the clan like no other, Social Butterfly and Mooftress sure remember that, heck even those French ladies (Helene and Cassandra). He loved John Wayne, he loved camping in the apartments in classic Dod, He loved making people laugh. Ken was loved by the entire R|P community, from the reserved folks, the kids, the men, and the gals. And what all Ken ever wanted to do is to have a good time. He wasn't NEVER into the politics or the drama.

Ken could have left us along time ago folks, he was having serious health issues for at least a decade. Ken was a fighter and was always looking at everything positively. I am very fortunate to have Known Ken. Ken is the reason why R|P was the number one clan in DOD, and Ken is the reason why EGO is the number one clan DOD:S. The only reason these town clans were/ are successful is because they weren't clans, the were communities. And Ken is the community. He might have tapered his participation in the later years here I don't know, BUT he built the foundation and was the gel AND the catalyst for the core of those communities. Without him this you all wouldn't be here enjoying this great community.

You folks are very lucky, there is many old friends of Ken that will regret forever not talking to him recently, I am one of them. I talked to him 6 month ago and it seems like years. If there was a lessen that Ken taught us is don't be a bossy admin, don't tress the little things and be nice to everyone especially new members. To celebrate Ken's life and carry his legacy we all should strive to have his attitude and view on life. I will always remember you Ken.

RIP Ken,

-=R|P=-FNG

It has been a pleasure and most assuredly an honor to have known this wonderful man. He was a source of laughter, cheer, and definitely a cornerstone to many (including mine) of our joys ingame. He was an amazing human being. Rest in peace brother....we love you.

i'm sorry to say i never had the pleasure of meeting this wonderful man, but the stories about him i have heard have made him sound even more amazing then what fluffy has said

R.I.P Tech, we will keep your memory alive with eGO

I can't believe I just heard about this....
Tech Sgt. Starbuck made my day everytime he was online.
His laughter,
His love and support was what really kept me going when the times got though

Its crazy..... its like I can almost still hear him laughing and having a good time, just like in the good ole days

I used to look up to Tech Sgt. Starbuck. He was the perfect role model for anyone and everyone.

I will always remember him and I will never forget him

<3 ya man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back