Need some help with video files...

acefisher1

Thread Thumper
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
1,026
So i'm working with a new format i've never used before. It's the .MTS file from an AVCHD Cannon Camera. I'm trying to take the 125 video clips from the camera, but it won't let me convert them or save them... I tried exporting them through VLC as well as capturing them but the files won't convert properly.

I'm not sure if there is something I'm missing or what the problem is, so if you guys have any info on it I would be much obliged. I've already tried looking through google and finding a simple answer, but none of those worked for me. I also tried using Adobe After Effects to get them, that also did not work.

Thanks in advance guys!
 
My camera outputs video in the same format. Can you work with .avi files? Try this:

Step 1: Install AviSynth: http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Avisynth

Step 2: Download this: http://forum.videohelp.com/images/guides/p1820565/mts_2_xvid.rar (it's a direct link)

Step 3: Extract the .rar archive to a folder of your choice.

Step 4: Place your .mts files into the folder from step 3. Run _multi_demux_mts_Xvid.bat

The program will process your mts files and put xvid files in the same folder.

That's how I've been working with my MTS files.
 
Also, your camera should have come with a software CD. I don't have a Canon to play with but the Sony that we have has an easy to use (if weak) utility to download the files and do some conversion.
 
Also, your camera should have come with a software CD. I don't have a Canon to play with but the Sony that we have has an easy to use (if weak) utility to download the files and do some conversion.



Yeah, the camera has some software with it, however the software is only for the images you capture with the camera... not the video. The one disc it came with has a video edited program, but that only works on PC.

And, I would just use my PC, but there isn't enough room to copy all the media, and in addition this is for someone else, and they asked me to use their computer for the work.
 
Back
Top