Questions

frap

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jun 12, 2008
Messages
2,032
Hello

I just ordered all my new stuff and I am going to need an operating system to run it on because I will have to reformat.

I have the 32 bit vista disc that i bought (retail)
But,
Will vista 32 bit home premium work with 4 gigs of ram and a quad core?

Also,
How can I get a flash drive to boot using windows xp? Someone gave me the 64 bit vista files and I don't have a dvd to run them on,s o I need to use my 4 gig flash drive using xp.

~Frap
 
You seem to be answering your own question. Yes, that 4 GB includes video memory. If you have 1 GB+ of v-ram, then you will only have 3 GB of system memory.
 
Alright thanks,
I got the flash drive with vista 64 bit to work, so I'll be using that come Monday when I get my new parts.
 
you can install all the ram you want - but it'll only recognize about 3.5 gigs. Yes, technically it "recognizes" 4 gigs, but with memory addressing there's only room for 3.5 gigs at most. It certainly won't hurt it to have 4 installed, though.
 
If you plan to upgrade to Win7 though all disks incluse a 32 and a 64bit copy so be sure to use the 64bit version so you get all you rams(hehe)
 
Nope you have to order 64 bit for a small shipping free from microsoft.
But i'm using 64 bit
 
Back
Top