All programs?

AJC

Forum Fiend
Joined
Jun 20, 2009
Messages
657
I have been using Windows 7 now for about 3 months. I have had no problems with it but this. When I go to "Start" and click "All programs" Nothing shows up, just a blank list. I used to have over 20 icons and folders in there and I really want them back! If anyone know anyway to fix this in Windows 7 or Vista because there both kinda the same, Then Please Help Me!:(

Visual Example:

screen3.png
 
Maybe your shortcuts folder has been erased or corrupted. Btw, what do you use uTorrent for?
 
Your programs file might be corrupted, are you able to go to "My Documents"? Or My computer?
 
just drag the .exe files to your start menu agian it recreates the short cuts. and Utorrent is a bit torrent client and is legal and can be exploited illegally but thats bad and not very eGO
 
This was taken from here http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-support/4354-program-icons-missing-all-programs-menu.html

"I thought MSPEEDO was on to something, so instead of going through the process he went through, I simply right clicked on "all programs" in the start menu and chose "open all users." Then I went into the Programs directory and began deleting icons and folders, bringing the number down to 70.

Lowe and behold, I clicked on start, all programs, and everything was back.

Either this is a bug, or Microsoft has intentionally put a 70 item limitation on start menu items....


For now this is the workaround.

// Just because I am insanely curious, I went back and created a bunch of test folders to see if the items in the all programs menu would go away. I originally had 106 items in the start menu, so I went crazy and added 133 by creating random folders and moving files and shortcuts here. The All programs menu did not dissapear, and all items were displayed.

I think this is a bug that occurs during the upgrade process of one build to another. It happened specifically for me after I went from 7057 to 7077. I currently run 7100.

So this is a fix, not a workaround."


Hope that ends up working for ya. Google search does wonders.



=Waddle Dee;1014792]Maybe your shortcuts folder has been erased or corrupted. Btw, what do you use uTorrent for?

If you're implying piracy. Torrent and torrent programs are used by piracy but the original idea for the program and idea is sending large data files over the internet at exceptional speeds. Many companies use it, mainly tv studios.

If you mean other wise and want to know about uses for a program like uTorrent and bit torrent technologies check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_(company) and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_(protocol)
 
Last edited:
This was taken from here http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-support/4354-program-icons-missing-all-programs-menu.html

"I thought MSPEEDO was on to something, so instead of going through the process he went through, I simply right clicked on "all programs" in the start menu and chose "open all users." Then I went into the Programs directory and began deleting icons and folders, bringing the number down to 70.

Lowe and behold, I clicked on start, all programs, and everything was back.

Either this is a bug, or Microsoft has intentionally put a 70 item limitation on start menu items....


For now this is the workaround.

// Just because I am insanely curious, I went back and created a bunch of test folders to see if the items in the all programs menu would go away. I originally had 106 items in the start menu, so I went crazy and added 133 by creating random folders and moving files and shortcuts here. The All programs menu did not dissapear, and all items were displayed.

I think this is a bug that occurs during the upgrade process of one build to another. It happened specifically for me after I went from 7057 to 7077. I currently run 7100.

So this is a fix, not a workaround."


Hope that ends up working for ya. Google search does wonders.





If you're implying piracy. Torrent and torrent programs are used by piracy but the original idea for the program and idea is sending large data files over the internet at exceptional speeds. Many companies use it, mainly tv studios.

If you mean other wise and want to know about uses for a program like uTorrent and bit torrent technologies check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_(company) and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent_(protocol)

Thanks it worked;)
 
I use it for downloading open source stuff like Linux and Game mods;)

Ok, I don't mean to be the police or anything it's just that piracy and all that bothers me because people think they are so cool if they illegally download stuff but in the end it just puts tougher copy protection on people who legally pay for they stuff. Just my pet peeve :)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top