Computer LAgGing BAD!

+Ak47+

I made one post
Joined
Aug 1, 2009
Messages
3
Im pretty sure its my CPU thats lagging, but i don;t know why because i checked if it was fried and it looked perfect to me.

my specs

AMD Athlon 3200+ 2.2ghz
1gb ram
350watt psu
100gb hard drive
NO GFX CARD

I did a format to clear this lag up...but its still here. and yes i installed all mobo drivers and everything.

the mouse will pause every 2 seconds or so and the sounds are skipping and laggy. my youtube videos will start pausing and lagging.

the reason i think its my cpu is because id barely move the cooler and it would kinda stop. and i recently put new thermal paste and clean and put it on properly.

Do you think if I downclocked it, it would work? because ive overclocked it in the past.

all my temps are what they always were too.....
 
How long have you had the processor and how long have you had it overclocked. If its old and you've had it overclocked it could just be going out as a whole. CPUs have a lifespan and that lifespan goes down when you overclock so.
 
I'm sorry to say, but you computer is really outdated. I would suggest buying/building a new one. Its a little too old to upgrade and see a big preformance increase. I would just get a new one. Hope this helps!
 
really, because i just spent all of my money on a brand new video card that is compatible.....
 
that comp is in poor shape. it cant live much longer. I realize it really sucks that youd have to shell out more money, but it just doesnt have any more life. its quality will only get worse from here.
 
and for the price you can get decent computer equipment now-a-days just build your own rig. like motherboard/processor (including heatsink fan) 150-200 bucks...could keep your monitor/mouse/keyboard/HDD maybe/DVD player maybe...ram 25-50 bucks, case 50-100 bucks, vid card 100-150 bucks, PSU 50-100 bucks.
400-600 bucks will get you a great computer for your needs and will play probably all the games you have on high settings. depending on the components you can keep and/or specials you can get with mail in rebates etc
 

Latest posts

Back
Top