INS KARAM Creative Location Dispute

blasterone

I made one post
Joined
Aug 27, 2009
Messages
11
On the map Karam there are several locations which, although hard to reach, has stirred some dispute whether or not they are allowed. I thought I should bring it up here personally I think these locations should be allowed to be used because it's creative and makes the game more interesting instead of just mindless running around and killing things.

MAP
ins_karam0000edit.jpg

To make sense of this map i drew routes if you would like to check out the spots for yourself. The smaller lines indicate the intended line of sight when searching for targets.

Location 1 "Zeggy's spot"
ins_karam0006.jpg

ins_karam0007.jpg

If you have ever played with zeggy on this map you know this is his favorite location to sit with the rifle. Although probable "exit camping" there are many other exits to choose from my personal favorite is to jump out the window.

Location 2
ins_karam0001.jpg

ins_karam0002.jpg

This spot is best used when picking off people heading to Obj. B after capturing Obj. A, and my favorite I'm usually spotted after a few shots, but it's great for waiting to kill zeggy and steal his points. You have to get on the wall and either jump from roof to roof or over the fence gate to get here.

Location 3
ins_karam0003.jpg

This location is easier to reach than 2 but still provides a great coverage spot for Obj. B. I am obviously facing the wrong way to give a perspective of where it is.

Location 4
ins_karam0004.jpg

Although facing the wrong way it is just to show you the realtive location. Good for holding Obj. B.

Location 5
ins_karam0005.jpg

Tricky to get up to but its behind enemy lines and gives nice coverage the the INS trying to flank the Marines left.

Location 6
ins_karam0008.jpg

ins_karam0010.jpg

This spot can be reacher by tricky jumping on the beams in the garage but i found its easier just the move the red tool box I always play with over to it to get up. This spot provides some coverage of Obj. C and the doorway under the spawn the INS frequently use to flank and rush through while the Marines are waiting to respawn.


Anyways, let me know what you think and how it should be enforced and also I'm only and e trying to get my G so lets keep this discussion going!
 
Honestly, after the next patch these places may not even be reachable, so I'd really like to wait until it's out before debating on this one.

Secondly, my rule of thumb is usully "if you have to move something or 'stack' then you're not supposed to be there." This goes for ladder boosting as well which happens all the time in dust and is just obviously an exploit.

Personally, I don't have any problems with the roof spots as it's usually easy to pick them off cause there's not much cover. As for "zeggy's spot", if the marines don't know how to crouch/crawl/use smoke/pick a different exit, then it's their own fault (and it's really not difficult to get another sniper to pick him off from there if they know he's there).

/my two cents
 
I don't really see that there's anything about these spots that would require a debate. Using the rooftops etc gives you an advantage yes, but it also leaves you exposed if you're discovered. As far as the crates go, it seems like a bit of effort to get there and you have a very limited field of fire, and besides that the Insurgents can cap Charlie by the pillboxes without ever coming into your line of fire. So it's a decent situational spot, but you may never get anyone in your line of fire and you can't block Charlie from there.

Nothing says you have to run around guns blazing all the time, stealth and deception definitely have their uses :)
 
My main concern with most of those spots in the village is that you are getting too close to their spawn. A typical rule of thumb: if you're shooting at people with spawn protection you're doing it wrong. Imagine, if instead of a sniper you had a SAW deployed pointing right at their spawn. I would expect several pubs to quit almost immediately after something like that happening.

I also have to say, I was there when you were asked to step down and did nothing because I was not informed of these positions. I really didn't know how you got there. I know of the points you were using was almost an exploit simply because you were kinda floating in midair.
 
when i play i try my best to keep marines out from the INS village spawn. If you are on the roofs, or near it i consider it spawn killing. now if the marines want to hide in bunkers thats fine but not in the village or past the bridge.
 
I guess I didn't see "shooting into their spawn" from those screenshots and the map. Personally I like to flank the enemy and come at them from an unexpected direction.

This is one of the things I've never liked about Push maps, the moving spawn locations that turn a spot from being strategically important to the previous Objective into "spawn camping" on the current one.
 
All of the rooftop ones staring right into B spawn are called Exit Camping, and are not allowed. Be clever, get behind the enemy, but don't crowd their spawn and don't exit camp. It's important to be effective, but to also allow for a good game play.
Just don't exit camp.
 
Rules regarding Boosting:

* Boosting in any way shape or form is not authorized.
* If the player can't get there without help of an object or another person it is not authorized.
* Warn, Kick and then Ban as needed.


http://www.edgegamers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=78044
INS Division specific rules

What about Location 6? Blaster says that you can get there with some fancy footwork on the planks at C, but it's easier to use the red toolbox. Does this mean that Location 6 is legal as long as we don't boost off the red toolbox?
 
Other than the one spot that requires boosting, I don't see a problem with any of these places. They're legit places, and our job is as much to not over-admin the server as much as it is to keep the peace. Too many rules and nitpicky details drive people away, and that's not what we want.

If somebody wants to spend five minutes jumping on top of a roof, it's fine with me. It's not that hard to see the people on the roofs, there's not that much cover.
 
heyyyyy my spot takes a lot of risk and skill :P

you have hands and knees use them xD
 
Last edited:
I am one of the people who would leave right away if i saw someone or people going prone on the roofs of city mowing down people coming outta spawn.
 
I just had an epiphany, for some reason I was thinking those were the rooftops of Alpha aiming towards Bravo =P *learns to read a map*
 
All of the rooftop ones staring right into B spawn are called Exit Camping, and are not allowed. Be clever, get behind the enemy, but don't crowd their spawn and don't exit camp. It's important to be effective, but to also allow for a good game play.
Just don't exit camp.

if you are on insrugents its ok to get up there though right?
 
Yeah, Location 6 is boosting, if you get up there with "fancy footwork" so be it, but don't use people/objects.
 
I say keep them they are well thought out, and accept for the one booster with roof to roof jumping i say 66they are all within the lines and tend to have quite open attack points to all even with the cover so noone can really exploit them.. well accept for PDS
 

Latest posts

Back
Top