DO NOT buy Section 8

zippy258

EGO Addict
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
1,228
Hi,

I was in the closed beta for section 8. Its the WORST fps I have EVER seen.

Buy at your own risk.
 
Sure. The graphics arnt as good as they seem in the screen shots, your screen has a cruddy blur effect when you turn, they are constantly having server issues, the guns dont do much damage, the maps are far to big.
 
really? i was also in the closed beta...so of course there are bugs >.> but i never had problems with the servers the turn blur i believe is an option that can be turned off or your monitor might be the problem or your computer specs, also your aim might not be that good, they could be using a regeneration perk or have a high defense custom build, and as to the maps thats why they give you the burn in spawn chance along with the hyper speed run mode if the maps were small it would just be an all out version of TF2's 2fort IR
 
really? i was also in the closed beta...so of course there are bugs >.> but i never had problems with the servers the turn blur i believe is an option that can be turned off or your monitor might be the problem or your computer specs, also your aim might not be that good, they could be using a regeneration perk or have a high defense custom build, and as to the maps thats why they give you the burn in spawn chance along with the hyper speed run mode if the maps were small it would just be an all out version of TF2's 2fort IR

agreed, the game isnt bad, it reminds me of halo in a sort, the online play of halo ne way, its pretty fun when ur in a game with friends, i bought it and its pretty fun imo, if you have an xbox 360, get the demo for it and try it out :D
 
I actually really, really enjoyed this game and found it to be one of the few recent shooters to come out that actually changed gameplay up a little and did a good job at it. Honestly, it seems to be a game that takes a little more thought and specific gameplay styles to actually do well, thus not nearly enough people will like it because they won't be great as soon as they start playing.

Play the demo and decide for yourselves, this game works fine and the graphics/mechanics are up to snuff as far as current standards.
 
DO BUY SECTION 8

It is awesome!!! obviously the beta sucks...the hitboxes were messed up the graphics were as well...but the GAME however, everythings fixed and I run it on all high...its awesome..

sure its not fun on 8 people servers...but w/ 16/32 players with everyone in squads...it is AWESOME

zippy don you dare >:O ;)
 
Why is this in the RPG section? I agree the weapons are weak, but other than that, I liked playing in the beta.
 
Sure. The graphics arnt as good as they seem in the screen shots, your screen has a cruddy blur effect when you turn, they are constantly having server issues, the guns dont do much damage, the maps are far to big.

This game is brand new. Every game has flaws, it's not created by machines, people have to sit down and program them, humans make mistakes Not to mention, you played the Beta. Lots of things can happen between Beta and release.

As far as the graphics, the graphics are amazing. It also has the ability to run PhysX, which I think is great. PhysX is amazing. I run this game at max setting and I have no complaints. I think everything about this game is just eye catching and down right gorgeous.

Right a proper review why this game shouldn't be purchased. There is no win here.

I encourage everyone to ignore what Zippy says and buy Section 8 anyway. A few of us own it, it's a great game. I've played some of the multiplayer and I really like how it's setup. If you haven't played it, you have like a control point situation but you can trigger mini-missions within the main one, such as Vip, Convoy (You have to intercept the convoy to win for defense.), Intelligence (CTF), all of this can be going on while you're trying to capture the control points. The weapons are great, some of us who preordered it actually get a couple of perks, like different armor, which I think was cool.

So conclusion, buy Section 8, ignore what OP says.
 
Last edited:
This game is brand new. Every game has flaws, it's not created by machines, people have to sit down and program them, humans make mistakes Not to mention, you played the Beta. Lots of things can happen between Beta and release.

As far as the graphics, the graphics are amazing. It also has the ability to run PhysX, which I think is great. PhysX is amazing. I run this game at max setting and I have no complaints. I think everything about this game is just eye catching and down right gorgeous.

Right a proper review why this game shouldn't be purchased. There is no win here.

I encourage everyone to ignore what Zippy says and buy Section 8 anyway. A few of us own it, it's a great game. I've played some of the multiplayer and I really like how it's setup. If you haven't played it, you have like a control point situation but you can trigger mini-missions within the main one, such as Vip, Convoy (You have to intercept the convoy to win for defense.), Intelligence (CTF), all of this can be going on while you're trying to capture the control points. The weapons are great, some of us who preordered it actually get a couple of perks, like different armor, which I think was cool.

So conclusion, buy Section 8, ignore what OP says.

I whole-heartedly support this post.
 
so let me get this straight...
Section 8 is bad because of gun damage and good from the amount of mudkipz?
Because i think he just doesnt liek mudkipz >:( Very mad... grrr
 

Latest posts

Back
Top