Whats the deal with the awards?

? Frisky Dingo ?

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Nov 28, 2008
Messages
3,120
Ok I know there have been glitches and stuff since the new stats were implemented. Is there also something going on with the awards from the stats page? For the 2nd day in a row I am supposed to have the Diplomatic Immunity award for most kills with the ambassador and I have yet to even get the award once or is there just no ribbon for the ambassador...if you follow the link, its the 6th one down on the left side. Link * http://stats.edgegamers.org/hlstats.php?mode=awards&game=tf
Has this happened to anyone else?
 
Last edited:
I think there were a couple of times i was supposed to have the soldier award for most rocket kills, but never got it.

Ive basically given up on stats. I can usually tell who's good and who's not after i kill them once or twice.
 
Hey , I have a question, I got the Huntsman 2 times when i had the guess pass for TF2,but today,I got another one,whats going on? And all it says Lvl 10...
Thanks
 
I do not see the point in going crazy over stats and awards. Now, don't get me wrong - I check my stats from time to time just to see where I stand. I like to think of stats as a way to compare yourself to other players, and sadly they are mostly used to fight or even degrade others. Stats are one of those things that are good to know but also one of those things that can agree with the phrase "Ignorance is bliss". If you don't know you can't start random arguments.
 
It's all a little broken right now, from what I can tell. I am assuming they are working on it, but in the meantime I gauge my progress from game to game manually.

And at least it keeps track of kills/deaths and events pretty accurately now.
 
I just realized that I got the most Axe (normal axe) kills some day. Blackmesa melee only pays off.

Anyways, stats are still getting tweaked. Dont worry, you have the chance to get that award many times in the future.
 
1. Ok I know there have been glitches and stuff since the new stats were implemented.

2. Is there also something going on with the awards from the stats page?


1. Stats are glitchy.
2. Awards are based on stats.
3. ?????
4. Profit
 
A Haiku:

Awards based on stats
Stats seem to be buggy still
No awards for you
 
Stats are getting less buggy, but still sometimes the program keeping track of them crashes or gets overwhelmed. I'm still spending more time than I should working on it.

In fact, I've probably logged enough time on this freakin' program that if we were keeping stats based on that, I'd be #1 forever and ever.

Some of the awards are broken because we're using a slightly out of date plugin on the servers. I can't fix that (yet) but supposedly I'll be able to soon. (You can tell which ones these are because nobody ever wins them...)

Also, the server configuration has changed recently and I don't think every server is completely up to date. We've got a lot going on behind the scenes, machines moving, etc, so sometimes things get missed.
 
Stats are getting less buggy, but still sometimes the program keeping track of them crashes or gets overwhelmed. I'm still spending more time than I should working on it.

In fact, I've probably logged enough time on this freakin' program that if we were keeping stats based on that, I'd be #1 forever and ever.

Some of the awards are broken because we're using a slightly out of date plugin on the servers. I can't fix that (yet) but supposedly I'll be able to soon. (You can tell which ones these are because nobody ever wins them...)

Also, the server configuration has changed recently and I don't think every server is completely up to date. We've got a lot going on behind the scenes, machines moving, etc, so sometimes things get missed.

Thanks for the heads up. ;)
 
A Haiku...

Agent86 toils
battles endlessly with program
stats will be fixed soon.
 
^ booooo.....

agent can't do that, too much greedy players for rank 1 ;)
 
Even if the stats were working perfectly, they're pretty meaningless. Just think of them in the same way you would think of leveling in a MMORPG.

Any stat system that exposes its inner workings to those who are to be measured becomes statistically worthless. Players will exploit weaknesses in the system to gain additional points, and will in this case attempt to "hoard" points by not dying.

I do see why awards would concern people, since that's pretty much the most accurate AND the most fun aspect of the stats system. I'm confident that Agent86 and others will have it worked out as quickly as they can. In the meantime we should just enjoy the game for what it is.

Edit: And I also nominate Thereven for a bard award. Never has my dislike of spies been boiled down so nicely.
 
Last edited:
You should just be satisfied with getting run over by the train more than anyone else, Frisky :P

Oh, and thanks for the Haiku, Thereven.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top