Teleporter Exits, an earnest plea.

A quick add on to this, also make sure your exits are pointing in the direction you want people to go when they step off it. Warpath was notorious for having exits positioned in such a way that they were pointing back towards your spawn instead of towards the fight.

-Groo
 
I concur, Groo. I've felt like an idiot a couple times "running into battle" only to find myself back at my own spawn. :P
 
the payment I get for letting you use MY teleporter is looking at a wall at the end of ride.

Deal with it or walk!!!!5674790-0
 
Gee whiz. I was going to heal xosniper but I didn't quite get there in time.

But at least I paid his toll. Or did he?
 
also, be sure and use your wrench for sappers

the shotgun does not remove sappers

you need to repair your gun, not impale it with ammunition

just something i saw an engineer doing on dustbowl the other day *shakes head*
 
I concur, Groo. I've felt like an idiot a couple times "running into battle" only to find myself back at my own spawn. :P

I've done this on granary and well many times forgetting which color team I'm on (as well as the similarity of the map) and im like "wow, I'm going to get the intel really easily" only to find I ran back to my own intel
 
As an addendum, don't stand on an inactive teleporter. If it isn't fully charged START RUNNING and stop wasting time.

I like to sit on them as Heavy and punch them.

"Put teleport here. Put teleport here. Put teleport here."

But seriously, right click is epic win leet hax.
 
My biggest pet peeve is scouts who take the teleporter. Really? Let that heavy in...
 
This IS a good point, don't get me wrong. But this really doesn't need a thread.........
 
Can we also get a "don't put teleporters right at spawn exit."

People it's called lag. It happens to us all, and it totally sucks balls to get teleported to the front lines when you have 10 health and were trying to resupply.
 
Me thinks Valve should change the default direction the teleporter is facing, since 90% of the time they are almost always turned backwards, though I do agree that every engie needs to know how to rotate buildings...
 
Last edited:
This IS a good point, don't get me wrong. But this really doesn't need a thread.........

Since the last 5 teleporters I took pointed me straight at a wall, and since people make threads saying "I'll be gone for the weekend". Yes it rates a thread. Do not quibble with a quintessential Quaffer query.

Quite!
 
Never Quaff at work. It lacks style.

I don't deal with trains I fear. Not for me the romance of the steel rail and iron horse.
I'm with a research group supporting a group of PHDs. We're developing new kinds of electric motors. Large power dense permanent magnet and superconducting machiney.
 
Also, destroy your teleporter if the enemy is camping the teleporter. I hate when engies keep their teles up, and then when you take it you only end up being killed the second you take it.

So, SO annoying..
 
Also, destroy your teleporter if the enemy is camping the teleporter. I hate when engies keep their teles up, and then when you take it you only end up being killed the second you take it.

So, SO annoying..

Here here!
 
Back
Top