"Top 10 FPS's of all time".

SilverTrinity

Rookie
Joined
Sep 27, 2009
Messages
65
The thread title's in quotes because such a thing can't really be determined without bias, one way or another. I DID NOT MAKE THIS LIST.

Here's where I found it, and here's the list:

1. Counter-Strike
2. Battlefield 2
3. Quake 3 Arena
4. Tribes
5. Unreal Tournament 2004
6. Goldeneye 007 (there ya go, Dan.)
7. Quake 2
8. Halo 3
9. Battlefield 1942
10. Team Fortress 2

There you have it, people. Any thoughts?
 
What no Doom, Duke Nukem, Wolfenstein 3D, Half Life or Half Life 2?

Well, if you look at the link it is for Multiplayer FPS's. I was gonna cry foul over Wolfenstein 3D and the Half Life's myself till I saw that. Still, to omit Doom, the game that pioneered network multiplayer FPS games, is a glaring oversight.
 
Terrible list. I've never even heard of Tribes, and BF2 shouldn't even be on there. GoldenEye should be higher, there is NO REASON for Doom to not be on there, and Half-Life 2 (if not HL1 also for initially spawning CS, DoD, TFC, and all the other mods) should have made the cut.
 
Terrible list. I've never even heard of Tribes, and BF2 shouldn't even be on there. GoldenEye should be higher, there is NO REASON for Doom to not be on there, and Half-Life 2 (if not HL1 also for initially spawning CS, DoD, TFC, and all the other mods) should have made the cut.
+1.
 
Yeah.. fail list is fail. Halo dosen't even deserve to be on that list, and quake and battlefield twice? Come on.. there is a million better games.
 
Last edited:
Terrible list. I've never even heard of Tribes, and BF2 shouldn't even be on there. GoldenEye should be higher, there is NO REASON for Doom to not be on there, and Half-Life 2 (if not HL1 also for initially spawning CS, DoD, TFC, and all the other mods) should have made the cut.

your not reading that this is multiplayer fpses only right? lol
 
Who ever made this list did not do their research, there are other MP FPS games out there they did not list.

This list should just be disregarded because of their lack of research into other games. This was probably a list made in like an hour from what it lacks.
 
What no Doom, Duke Nukem, Wolfenstein 3D, Half Life or Half Life 2?

That's a list right there.

WTFFF???? WHERES HALO 2? AND WHY IS HALO 3 UP THERE?!?!?! That list makes me mad :(

You can't be serious.

Here's a real list
1. Doom
2. Duke Nukem
3. Wolfenstein 3D
4. Half-Life
5. Half-Life 2
6. Soldier of Fortune
7. GOLDENEYE?!
8. The first Halo
9. Quake
10. Original Counter-Strike
 
I was going to comment and agree with the general consensus that this is a bad list, but something more important has developed in this thread.

I've never even heard of Tribes

YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF TRIBES????????? That blows my mind. Tribes was an incredible gem of a game. The Spinfuzor was an incredible weapon that was easy to learn yet hard to master.

Without Tribes you don't have the classic catch-phrase "SHAZBOT!"

Here is a link you need to click. Free your mind Jeod...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starsiege:_Tribes
 
I think this is a list of online multiplayer FPS games. Doom had no online play that I can remember. You could network it into co-op mode and deathmatch but I don't remember any non-lan multiplayer options. However, they did leave Quake Team Fortress and Rocket Arena off this list. Perhaps they were more interested in gameplay than in historical significance. For example, if I were to make a list of best video games ever in terms of player frenzy, I would have to have Pac-Man and Pitfall; but if my list was in terms of significance to the gaming world I would need Wolfenstein and Atari Adventure.

Now that I have defended the premise of the list and defined the arguement, let me agree with Beta: I love Boxxy...er...I mean "bad list is bad"
 

Latest posts

Back
Top