Next version of cp_orange is ready for test

Dragonhill

Thread Junky
=(e)=
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
772
hola all,

*note, i screwed up the topic, the map is cp_REACTOR_orange2
not cp_orange.. grrrrr

i have made a major change to cp_reactor. next test version is code named orange2

once the game flow is finalized i'll be taking off the orange tag.

i'll try to post some shots soon

map can be found
here.

team blue is trying to blow up the reactor, team red must defend. teams switch at end of timer Or reactor destruction. winning team gets a point.

this is a sniper fest folks.. beware

~D
 
Last edited:
Question, where is everything. I heard what you said in vent about simplifying the map, but I can't find any laser doors to open.
 
When can we expect a test drive like last time, missed out on the first one...would love to be there for the next one.
 
Question, where is everything. I heard what you said in vent about simplifying the map, but I can't find any laser doors to open.

I believe Dragonhill removed these so people would focus on destroying the reactor and not going around hunting for the generators/laser doors/walls of insta-death :laugh:
People were focusing more on those than the reactor itself. Enjoi! I'm downloading it now
 
correct, laser doors were confusing people..and they did not work 100% of time


as for test, i'll be chatting with menta buga about that..hopefully on sat we can give it a whirl

~D
I believe Dragonhill removed these so people would focus on destroying the reactor and not going around hunting for the generators/laser doors/walls of insta-death :laugh:
People were focusing more on those than the reactor itself. Enjoi! I'm downloading it now
 
correct, laser doors were confusing people..and they did not work 100% of time


as for test, i'll be chatting with mental buga about that..hopefully on sat we can give it a whirl

~D

Sure thing we can try it out early evening, message me when your available and we can get it going. I will make sure to get it installed this afternoon !
 
Ooo good a sniper fest, I can practice my heavy sniper torture skills.
 
mm...whats wrong with sniper fests?

anyways,, the game play test allows me to see areas where i may need to modify the layout to prevent classes from dominating a map..that being said.. ANY map with long ranges allows for sniper fests

this verison combines elements from TFC well and tf2 2fort with an objective slapped right in the center

it actually will be a frag fest

~D
soo. its a sniper fest.
any plans on fixing it?
 
I tried it, I think there should be another way to get to the reactor, and maybe a way to stand near it.
 
the 2nd test went very well.. just for those that are wondering the test is generally impromptu and i try to send out join requests to every one on my friends list that is online at the time.

i have read some of the feed back. if it is not used it is due to other game balance issues.

next version will have some minor geometry changes and more visual reactor changes to help teams know what to shoot.

~D
 

Latest posts

Back
Top