GOOD free MMORPGs?

Mystery Penguin

EGO Zealot
Joined
May 29, 2008
Messages
1,401
Yes Im that desparate

off the list:
Megaten (this was actually a lot of fun, lost interest)
Shaiya
Fiesta
S.U.N.
ijji games
Aeria Games, games
Silk Road
flyff
 
Last edited:
Flyff was pretty fun. 1GB download for a free game, can't go wrong there.
 
Last edited:
i really liked flyff for awhile because mostly the giant hunting. except the community is huge and the economy is waaaaayyy too rich. so basically giants are hoarded so its nearly impossible to get them, and it basically forces you to buy lots of things from the item shop especially if you want to upgrade any of your equipment (tho the upgrading is amazing and vast)
i like ROSE also, there are lots of private servers too that allow better gameplay.

im also wanting another free mmorpg but there doesn't seem to be a lot that tickle my fancy, so i can't wait for dragonball online and all points bulletin. those will probably be pay to play, but at least they'll be worth it for me anyway
 
Everquest2 has a 14 day free trial if you make an account for it,a little bit restricted for trial but its still awesome
 
Runes of Magic is basically free-to-play WoW I hear. I've never played WoW, but I'm having fun in RoM.
 
WAR has an unlimited free trial going, its only up to level 10 but the pvp is pretty fun in the lower levels.
 
I know by saying Runescape someone will commit suicide, but the game has kept me entertained for 8 years of my life...*sniff*...then I switched my membership out for XBL =D

The economy of the game started to inflate EVERYTHING

O yeah, do NOT play Maplestory if you care about your life
 
CABAL Online. Unfortunately, for everyone, it takes about 2 to 3 hours to download. I have a 3 mb/s download speed and it took that long.
 
RuNeScApE!11!!ONE

I'm totally kidding. please no.

But you can get trials for most MMORPGS.
 
Archlord is pretty cool. But on my pc it gives error.
Archlord is free and has awesome graphics for a free game.
 
I heard Dungeons and Dragons online is pretty good, they have DX10 Graphics and soon DX11(Maybe already have, not sure).

I tried it but never got into it, but it has unlimited play and by completing quests you can buy stuff that would otherwise cost real money(certain micro-transaction stuff).

If you never find a completely free one to play you can always try Guild Wars. Lasted me 3500 Hours 'til it lost its spark(They started developing GW2 and therefore very little content updates, but for a new player it'll be great).

Whatever you do, do not play the R came, Switch these 2 words and put them together: scape Rune.

I got to level 129 'til I realized: What the hell am I doing.

If you do end up shelling anything out for Guild Wars, try and make friends quick and/or find friends from eGO or elsewhere to play. MUCH better game with friends.
 
Guild Wars is the only free mmo I know of...

Lineage 2 has a way to be free but I wont be going into that...
 
Im currently playing Cabal Online. Great Game: Semi-fast paced gameplay, amazing skills with great effects, grinding is actually fun, nice party systems, interesting dungeons, Nation war is FAR beyond amazing; 1 hour of kicking asses in a massive tactical map.

Before that, i was playing MapleStory, but any member who can afford enough nexon cash will always have the privilege and that freaked me out, after 148 levels in 2 years watching people go higher in a week... that was too much..
 
ooo good lists guys - im sure the OP is grateful too but as am i since i was looking for one myself. i think i'll try out cabal and RoM.

edit: oh ya i've played mu online - hahaha funny game. decent dungeons but ya really repetitive and just really bad graphics. terrible pvp since basically when you're starting out, you leave town and get slaughtered over and over
 
Last edited:
I used to play silkroad and it was pretty fun a while back, but joymax is all about the money now and the game is full of bots :( So dont even attempt to play it.
 
Cabal is a bit strict with the playing zones, there are many servesr (Jap, North America, Europe, Brazil, Vietnam, etc etc) And outsiders are IP Blocked. There's also a global server that allows any country without a regional server, but it quite sucks.
For some strange reason, im able to log into European server, so if anyone is going to or already plays there, let me know!

About Runes of Magic, i think it was made a big deal about it, like "The Best F2P MMoRPG", i gave it a try but the snail-slow gameplay killed it for me, plus, the scenarios are so dead, big maps full of nothing. Maybe i had to get more into it, but that's my opinion..
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top