Low FPS in TF2? Here's a Fix

Wow good call on that, Beta! I've noticed my framerate has dropped significantly but this definitely helped.
 
Wow, very nice.

In 2Fort spawn, empty server I averaged around 200. Now I max out at a constant 299.

Very nice.
 
I'll have to try this out, I did loose close to 15fps recently. I'll post again once I test it out.

Thanks in advance Beta.
 
Beta, you are now my 87th love. Sorry circles. Your geometricness is nothing compared to this new FPS im getting.
 
hmm, i only got .bin files in the folder
and my code is
C:\Programs\Steam\appcache\stats
and not program files..
 
I personally do not run some on-access, memory-hogging AntiVirus scanner that my CPU/RAM would have to contend with while running a game. I usually just delete that folder along with a lot of other useless cache files that the game stores in various locations from time to time.

But nice link to share with everyone here sir, as it could prove beneficial to some

if you do a file search from the root of your C:\ drive or wherever you have steam or any other games installed, you can search for all files and extensions and sort the results by date (Last Modified), and if you see game-related ones you can specify in your AntiVirus or whatever on-access programs you run to skip those directories, just to make sure you dont miss any other ones. the file in the TF folder named tf2_playerstats.dmx comes to mind
 
Last edited:
Update: I'm getting 24fps more than what I previously got under good conditions. This workaround is great. Thanks again Beta.
 
This'll help too:

radeonHD4800.jpg

;)
​
 
There is another fix very similar to that too. Its "turn your antivirus off while playing games" fix. I've heard it does even more wonders than this fix.
 
Wow, thanks for posting this. This makes my fps boost higher, and it makes my game run really faster. I would have NEVER EVER thought of this!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top