BF Bad Company 2 PC Beta Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duality

The Dualyist of Dualys
Joined
Jun 5, 2007
Messages
4,096
dual_badcompany2_anim_400.gif

Ladies and Gents there will be a PC beta for Battlefield Bad Company 2 as some of you already know. This post is strictly for Beta discussion, thoughts, recommendations, info ect revolving around the PC Beta Test. This will be an open beta for pre-orders ONLY, and its determined by the store/site as to weather they will offer it or not.

Confirmed Participating Stores: *UPDATED 1/22/10

STEAM STORE: Steam will be offering beta access for all pre-orders! Download Only of course.

Gamestop & EBGames is only offering access to the Beta with ONLINE Pre-order. This is still a hard copy of the game and will be mailed out on 3/2/10. In-store pre-orders are not getting access. If you order now entering the promo code "BADCO" you can select USA Overnight shipping for free.
"Online Customers: A beta activation code and download instructions will be emailed beginning January 26th, 2010."

Direct2Drive is offering beta access with a pre-order, download only.

EA Store is offering beta access with a pre-order, download only.

International EdgeGamers check DICE's Bad Company 2 official Blog Postaccount for a list of beta locations abroad.


**UPDATED 1/27/10**
Starting: January 28th, 12:00PM EST (9:00AM PST)
Ending: February 25th
Launch: March 2nd

Map: Port Valdez
"features snowy landscapes and battles fought alongside the waterline towards a great oil industrial landscape in the Alaskan mountains... there are Main Battle Tanks as well as fast-moving Quad Bikes and mobile armored AA. It's a vehicle focused battle, but with plenty of infantry combat."

Gametype: 32 Player "Rush"
Rush is a multiple objective (i.e. Alpha, Brave, Charlie) mode in which you need to secure specified points on the map. "These are [communications] crates and you can either arm them, you can shoot at them and try to destroy them by damaging them or if they are in a building that can be leveled down and dropped completely you can drop the entire building on top of the objective and take it that way."

Where to Download:
EA Download Manager (EAStore Purchases), STEAM (Steam only purchases), Ranked Server Providers will also have beta hosting for download (via website or torrent) Although none have been named yet. This is starting Jan 28, 12:00PM EST/11:00AM CST/10:00AM MST/9:00AM PST/5:00PM GMT

Getting Started: **UPDATED 1/27/10**
STEP 1: Make sure you have at least 5GB free on your HDD and then download and Install BFBC2! :-D
STEP 2: Once installation is completed (install size will be around 1.5GB) start the client and click the login button. You will then be prompted to sign in with your EA Account. If you don't have an EA Account you'll be able to create one in the same screen. (You may also create your EA Account in advance HERE)
STEP 3: Enter the unique PC Beta Code during the log in process to authenticate your participation in the Beta.
Step 4: Create your Soldier name (this will lock that name to your EA account for retail if you want to keep it).


EdgeGamers Beta Servers: **UPDATED 1/27/10**
"Renting of Beta servers will not be possible, but we'll work closely with all our RSPs* to ensure there is always enough capacity for each individual regions."
Basically, no eGO Beta servers but afterall its just a beta and it saves us money.

What to Expect: **UPDATED 1/27/10**
"This means there will also be times of choppiness, lag, disconnects, CTDs or other issues a Beta version of any MP game would have....

Advanced warning: there will be things updated in the final game, like a Server browser with more functions, optimizations, performance tweaks, and learning's from the Beta."


Here are the current system requirements so make sure you're up to snuff by launch:

Minimum Frostbite PC Specifications for BFBC2
Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
Main memory: 2GB
Graphics card: GeForce 7800 GT / ATI X1900
Graphics memory: 256MB
OS: Windows XP
Free HDD space:
15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)

Recommended Frostbite PC Specifications for BFBC2

Processor: Quadcore
Main memory: 2GB
Graphics card: GeForce GTX 260
Graphics memory: 512MB
OS: Windows Vista or Windows 7
Free HDD space:
15GB for Digital Version, 10GB for Disc Version (BFBC2)

This post will be updated when more info becomes available, if you find out anything please post it below, dont forget to link to the source. Thanks and Happy fraggin'!​

By the way the image at the top is almost 4mb so give it a minute.​
 
Last edited:
Count me in! I don't know when the last time is that I have been THIS excited for a release of a demo/game.
 
Last edited:
question.
can i preorder BC2 at the american gamestop? and do they ship it to me then or do i get a download key?
ive never ordered with gamestop
 
germany
i looked up in german GS online shops. but there was no information about beta acces
or isit..us only beta?
 
OMG! gotta get it and the limited edition set! please excuse me :drool:

love how one of the teaser trailers ends by saying "specializing in online warfare since 1942! ouch, mw, u got pwned!
 
So there's no PC beta for people who won't preorder?
 
So there's no PC beta for people who won't preorder?

Seems like it, but you have time to cancel your pre-order if you decide from the beta you don't approve of the game.

If i can't run the game decently or for some reason dislike it, I'll drop my pre-order. I'll wait until they have a Steam Pre-Order, if they don't, I guess i'll have to buy retail.

Please Valve, work hard with EA/DICE to get this up and running please. EA is your publisher anyway :P (Like Valve reads these forums....do they?)


Am I the only one who thinks the developers for this game really have a lot of faith in that the game will be highly successful? They're having large betas months before release where people can have second decisions and cancel orders. I think that's a good sign they know they've worked hard and it's polished to near-perfection.

Plus, we should see very little bugs.


Edit: Oh yea, I forgot to ask, are we going to host a Beta Ded Server? If it's possible.
 
Last edited:
If i preordered in july on ea.com (Birthday 25% discount) Do i get the beta?

Also anyone have a dual core?

I'm not 100% sure bud, I would assume so but this quote from their site could be misleading.

"Good only for new purchases of "Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2" for PC (“Product”)."

You are purchasing a new copy but you didnt JUST order it (since the beta was announced). I would send 'em an e-mail from their contact us page, I'm sure they'll get back to you in plenty of time.

And yes I have a quad-core actually.


germany
i looked up in german GS online shops. but there was no information about beta acces
or isit..us only beta?

I checked em out too and didnt see anything, but I'm sure you'll be able to get it soon. It was just announced so you may need to be a little patient, I would assume at the very least you will be able to get it from a download service like steam or direct2drive.

"If you're eager to ensure you get in the two confirmed distributors to Pre-Order are the EA Store and at GameStop.com. We'll have another Blog at a later date with an update on the retailers & e-Tailers that have teamed up with us as well as alternate channels to obtain a Closed Beta Key." - DICE Dev Blog


...

Am I the only one who thinks the developers for this game really have a lot of faith in that the game will be highly successful? They're having large betas months before release where people can have second decisions and cancel orders. I think that's a good sign they know they've worked hard and it's polished to near-perfection.

...Oh yea, I forgot to ask, are we going to host a Beta Ded Server? If it's possible.

Yea I would have to say the same, they had a long PS3 beta that just ended and will have another near month long PC beta so I think they'll iron alot out. Then again, that is the beauty of PC gaming... updates/patches are easy fixes.

No decision has been made on eGO having a Bad Company 2 dedi-server, but assuming its popular enough within the community (both eGO and PC Gaming in general) I dont see too many reasons why we wouldnt. But keep patient theres still time.
 
Last edited:
I want that game for my birthday. I guess I can't preorder.

Shoot, I'll find a way to fix this.
 
do you still get the same stuff if you preordered from amazon that you would get if you preordered from gamestop? cause im thinking of preordering from amazon because its 5 cents cheaper :P
 
Yes, all the Day1 unlocks are the same but right now Amazon hasn't said if they're going to offer the Beta or not.
 
i preordered online, but i have read you have to purchase shipping to home and all preorders for shipping to store are not eligible for beta. thats what i read from ign
 
Nice to see Battlefield back on the PC, EA has never disappointed when they release a Battlefield game, even if it isn't on the PC it never lets me down. Really looking forward to its release, and dreading how its still about two months away.
 
Me and my single core.
I pm'd the mod zerk16 on the fourms of bfbc2 and ill get a answer in like 5 weeks.
Also yes i got it from there but there was no bonus gun or unlocks or beta.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top