Because Dragonhill needed proof...

DRaGZ

Thread Junky
Joined
Dec 31, 2008
Messages
908
I've done similar in eGO's 2Fort as a Targe Demo.

it was like, around 120 kills to around 15 deaths and I had nine dominations.

I didn't screen-cap it though. I also had medics on me on and off.

no pic..no proof..

(:

~D

ctf_2fort0002-2.jpg


:)

That was after about 50 minutes of gameplay.
 
lols, if there's anything I've learned from L4D2. it's that you can kill a charger with an AXE...which is what I DO...yeah...don't charge me...
 
Mesa's a relatively unbalanced map, more so than 2Fort.

No thanks, senor.

I wouldn't say it's "unbalanced." It's the exact same as 2fort. Nobody (almost everyone to be more accurate) ever tries to win the game which makes it the same as 2fort. I'm not a blackmesa hater by any means - I just don't understand when people say 2fort is a worse map when people who play both maps never try to accomplish the goal. They're both equally fun maps for the same reasons.
 
i find this a very strange observation.

every class has an opportunity to shine in mesa.

feels VERY balanced. scouts, sniper own the A area,
pyros, heavies own the vents (medics kick but with good heavies),
soldiers get to rocket jump EVERYwhere
The demos have iron horse spots

and spies,,geesh,,where do i begin?
very strange to say not balanced..unless of course you can only play a few classes well...then mesa can be hard
~D
Mesa's a relatively unbalanced map, more so than 2Fort.

No thanks, senor.
 
i find this a very strange observation.

every class has an opportunity to shine in mesa.

feels VERY balanced. scouts, sniper own the A area,
pyros, heavies own the vents (medics kick but with good heavies),
soldiers get to rocket jump EVERYwhere
The demos have iron horse spots

and spies,,geesh,,where do i begin?
very strange to say not balanced..unless of course you can only play a few classes well...then mesa can be hard
~D

Mesa's not a very friendly place for non camping demomen :(
 
Spraying nades everywhere is the method that wins on every map =D
 
i find this a very strange observation.

every class has an opportunity to shine in mesa.

feels VERY balanced. scouts, sniper own the A area,
pyros, heavies own the vents (medics kick but with good heavies),
soldiers get to rocket jump EVERYwhere
The demos have iron horse spots

and spies,,geesh,,where do i begin?
very strange to say not balanced..unless of course you can only play a few classes well...then mesa can be hard
~D

I was coming in here to say this, but Dragon Hill beat me to it.
 
thanks for fixing that frisky :) hehe

I'm with Dragz on this, sorry.
An ideally balanced map plays equally for all classes regardless of location.
 
Last edited:
he never said "ideally", and it does not exist.. (sniper like open, pyro likes close).

he just said not balanced..and mesa is..but like i said,,if you cannot play a counter class to some one taking advantage of a certain location,,,i can see why you think it not balanced

this design discussion falls into the rock,paper ,scissors style vs the "i want to beat the other guy no matter what i play" style of design. casual players don't like rock,paper,scissors..... old school hard core do (my observation over the years).

many of ego will not play mesa because of this,,while many others keep playing it.

btw, i was glad mesa was compared to 2fort..seeing as that the #1 ego server..

~D

thanks for fixing that frisky :) hehe

I'm with Dragz on this, sorry.
An ideally balanced map plays equally for all classes regardless of location.
 
just my opinion D, doesnt mean im right and youre wrong, or vice versa.

its not a bad map, especially not visually. there's just a few certain things that could be reworked a tiny bit to eliminate some of the cheap stuff i always see people doing when ive been on there.
 
Back
Top