Well, progress is going faster then expected, so I made a thread. I've decided to take this jail map in a radically different direction than any of the ones I've personally seen. Everyone is familiar with jail maps- large concrete holding pens for the T team. Well, i completely threw that out the window. I like visual style and originality, so my map will be set in a rustic lowland area of Texas. It will be an old, converted grain refinery, so it is mostly wooden. It will also feature custom props to add to the uniqueness. Here are a few interesting points about the map:
1. The cells are actually horse pens in a barn in the center of the map.
2. It's pouring down rain.
3. Some of the map will be flooded.
4. The fence is a short wooden thing, so it's absolutely possible to jump it and make a break for freedom... right before you get gunned down by guard towers (kill texture).
5. What's Texas without a shooting range with tin can targets?
6. It will have a very "open world" feel to it, as opposed to the average closed off jail feeling.
7. Shotguns.
I've wanted to make a map that's visually, and gameplay wise, different, and that's what I hope to accomplish with this map. I'll post screenshots as soon as more of the world is created.
1. The cells are actually horse pens in a barn in the center of the map.
2. It's pouring down rain.
3. Some of the map will be flooded.
4. The fence is a short wooden thing, so it's absolutely possible to jump it and make a break for freedom... right before you get gunned down by guard towers (kill texture).
5. What's Texas without a shooting range with tin can targets?
6. It will have a very "open world" feel to it, as opposed to the average closed off jail feeling.
7. Shotguns.
I've wanted to make a map that's visually, and gameplay wise, different, and that's what I hope to accomplish with this map. I'll post screenshots as soon as more of the world is created.
Last edited:













