Idea to attract new/potential eGO recruits?

Skippy

EGO Zealot
Joined
Sep 26, 2009
Messages
1,933
So I?m not sure if this has been tried before, if something similar is already in place, or even how feasible/realistic it is. I do still consider myself somewhat new to eGO, so if this has been something already visited and thoroughly discussed in the past previously, I apologize in advance.

I did also consider posting this in the Drop Box, but figured I should get a quick discussion going with you guys to garner more thoughts and streamline my idea before doing so.

I was thinking of what else we can do to attract new/potential recruits to eGO, and I figured, why not something like a weekly gift giveaway? I know I?ve always been a sucker for free stuff, and considering how much of an average Joe I am, there?s bound to be a large proportion of pubs that love freebies as much as I do. I was thinking it could work like this ?

? Only pubs are eligible to win the weekly giveaway.
? Giveaways can be simple items like pens, mice, USB drives, eGO stickers, whatever we can afford.
? Pubs have to be registered members on our forum to qualify.
? Pubs have also have to login to edgegamers.org each week and hit the ?Enter me for Raffle? button (we?d have to create one) to be eligible for the current week?s draw.
? Perhaps we can incorporate a pub?s playing time into the raffle ? i.e., the more playing time a pub has on our servers, the more raffle entries he/she receives.
? Maybe (initially) limit shipping to within N.America (until it becomes feasible to ship to the rest of the world too).
? Disallow the same pubber from winning the raffle two weeks in a row.
? Just like how we have periodic public in-game reminders to get on Vent ?to get noticed?, or to check out the Novint Falcon, perhaps we can add one such announcement that reads something like ?Congrats to XXX winning last week?s raffle! Remember to go to edgegamers.org to register for this week?s gift raffle!?

My thought process is that by getting pubs to come to edgegamers.org to register for the raffle/s, they will invariably be exposed to our various forums and thus community+events, and will hopefully start participating and eventually even think about joining up. You can make the argument that perhaps the pubs will choose to remain pubs, so they can continue to ?qualify? for the raffle, but maybe one way to circumvent that is to open entry to the raffle to both ?e?s as well as pubs.

Thoughts/suggestions?
 
Not sure if we have this or ever did, but what about also a lottery for Casino Cash? People put some in each week and also raffle that. I'd donate some casino cash.
 
I like it. Then again...I'd not be the one flipping the bill for it, lol.



Not sure if we have this or ever did, but what about also a lottery for Casino Cash? People put some in each week and also raffle that. I'd donate some casino cash.

Things like this are cheaper and easier to distribute--can we think of other things/rewards/incentives that are not actual, physical, things??
 
Things like this are cheaper and easier to distribute--can we think of other things/rewards/incentives that are not actual, physical, things??

Non-tangible prizes could include reserved server slots, or perhaps even perma-spraying a tag/image (still subject to eGO rules of course) of the winner's choice somewhere on the map of his/her choice.

I agree that tangible prizes are going to be difficult on the clan's pocket, but I do believe they will also be far more effective/attractive than something like casino cash.
 
It's a good idea, if a bit complex. It is possible though. I wpuld see what leadership has to say
 
sounds good but its adding on to more expenses that eGO has to pay for, ontop of keeping servers running and hosting a forum/ what ever else there is. (thats all i can think of) although its not expensive to host a domain or leave servers running (which is kinda expencive if your running as many as eGO is) in the long run it will be quite costly.

and also... if its only for pubs... its gonna make the pubbers stay pubbers becauase they want to win stuff correct? if they join and cant win stuff anymore, then why join. i think there needs to be a little more incentive if your going to bribe them with goodies.

good idea. but i dont think its going to work. =/
 
and also... if its only for pubs... its gonna make the pubbers stay pubbers becauase they want to win stuff correct? if they join and cant win stuff anymore, then why join. i think there needs to be a little more incentive if your going to bribe them with goodies.

my thoughts exactly, i know you said something about letting =(e)='s join in as well, this is probably the best bet if this idea were to go through. I also believe something like a perma spray is a better idea than something that is going to stretch our already stretched budget. Its a good idea and i would like to see where this discussion leads.
 
see this whole perma spray wont work either.... eventually there wont be a map.... it will just be sprays.
 
see this whole perma spray wont work either.... eventually there wont be a map.... it will just be sprays.

yes i said this was a good idea in my previous thread, but you do have a point. I think that if this were to go through that we could find something that could work.
 
see this whole perma spray wont work either.... eventually there wont be a map.... it will just be sprays.

Well, it wouldn't be a permanent perma spray, more like just 1 section of wall dedicated to the weekly winner, so every week it would change. But that's just 1 idea, I'm sure there are other options others might have in mind.
 
sounds good but its adding on to more expenses that eGO has to pay for, ontop of keeping servers running and hosting a forum/ what ever else there is. (thats all i can think of) although its not expensive to host a domain or leave servers running (which is kinda expencive if your running as many as eGO is) in the long run it will be quite costly.

Well, it's not all expense and no gain -- more traffic on edgegamers.org and certainly more eGO members = more web ad revenue and more potential sales from the eGO mall too.

So it'll come down to how much of a return on investment (say, $5 for eGO stickers plus shipping) a week might bring eGO. I hardly play outside eGO servers, but when I do I don't see any other clans/servers offering prizes/freebies. Don't underestimate the power of word of mouth either -- if we were to tie playing time to probability of winning the weekly raffle, one friend telling his other two friends about it (and on and on) and them coming to play can snowball pretty quickly.
 
Every (insert number here)th pubber to sign up will be put in for a raffle. That could work, doesn't need to be an actual item, could just be casino cash, but it could be.
 
I like the ideas but at the same time i guess its my turn to be a jerkface and shoot some of them down. The rafle idea seems solid but some of the pubs that frequent our servers are there just to play and dont feel the want or need to join our clan. It wouldnt make much sense to have a dedicated rafle just for them when they should be enticed solely by eGOs values and members. As for the permanent spray idea i dug myself into a hole a while back because i complained about similar banners being displayed across some of my favorite maps-- the point is some people like the game to look how it is and pleasing everyone is all but impossible. I think that the current way we recruit and retain members is working out, afterall its the quality of our recruits that matters not necessarily the quantity.
 
I like the ideas but at the same time i guess its my turn to be a jerkface and shoot some of them down. The rafle idea seems solid but some of the pubs that frequent our servers are there just to play and dont feel the want or need to join our clan. It wouldnt make much sense to have a dedicated rafle just for them when they should be enticed solely by eGOs values and members. As for the permanent spray idea i dug myself into a hole a while back because i complained about similar banners being displayed across some of my favorite maps-- the point is some people like the game to look how it is and pleasing everyone is all but impossible. I think that the current way we recruit and retain members is working out, afterall its the quality of our recruits that matters not necessarily the quantity.

I hate to be the party pooper, but stormy is 100% right..
 
I think that the current way we recruit and retain members is working out, afterall its the quality of our recruits that matters not necessarily the quantity.

Agreed that quality over quantity is always better, however, I might be wrong, but I thought our DoD numbers are seriously dwindling lately (especially thanks to the recent arrivals of MW2 and BC2, no doubt). [On a side note, with Blindy and Canadian Invader leading a blazing trail with their awesome recruiting, it's been tough to identify quality recruits lately.]

As for the permanent spray idea i dug myself into a hole a while back because i complained about similar banners being displayed across some of my favorite maps-- the point is some people like the game to look how it is and pleasing everyone is all but impossible.

The spray thing was just one example of a prize I thought of -- I mentioned it merely to catalyze a discussion on alternative prize ideas. I'm not a fan of tattoing maps either, but I'm sure others have better ideas of what possible prizes we can offer.

The rafle idea seems solid but some of the pubs that frequent our servers are there just to play and dont feel the want or need to join our clan. It wouldnt make much sense to have a dedicated rafle just for them when they should be enticed solely by eGOs values and members.

True to some extent, but if some of these pubs were exposed to our forums and other events, and see what the eGO community is like outside of the in-game servers, isn't it plausible that they might then consider joining eGO?
 
Every (insert number here)th pubber to sign up will be put in for a raffle. That could work, doesn't need to be an actual item, could just be casino cash, but it could be.

The problem I see with casino cash is that not everyone values or uses it -- for instance, I've only barely even played a few minutes of games in the Casino section. Or is there some other use for casino cash that I'm missing and/or don't know about?
 
Back
Top