DoD:S Wont Load

XXzz-Trauma-zzXX

Thread Junky
Joined
Jul 14, 2009
Messages
805
OK so I try to load up DoD:S And all it does is pull up the Preparing to launch Day of Defeat but when it goes away nothing happens. I deleted the local content and re downloaded it and it didnt fix it. Any help?
 
Have you created any new .cfg files in your DoD folder and if so did you create a loop? What I mean by this is you tell one .cfg file to look at another and in turn tell the other to look at the first.

I have done this with an autoexec.cfg and config.cfg file. I use the autoexec.cfg to load the specs from the config.cfg but then told the config.cfg to load the autoexec.cfg causing the loop.
I removed the one line from the config.cfg and all was fine.

This post would also have been better suited in Tech help forum:
http://www.edgegamers.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=379
 
Nope no loop what so ever.

um this might help you.

right click on DoD:S in steam, go to properties, then launch options and paste in "-autoconfig -novid".

also try deleting the file ClientRegistry.blob in your source folder.

if all that doesn't work, some people have luck by putting "-fullscreen" behind the -novid in the launch options above.

also, verify the integrity of the game in "local options".
 
um this might help you.

right click on DoD:S in steam, go to properties, then launch options and paste in "-autoconfig -novid".

also try deleting the file ClientRegistry.blob in your source folder.

if all that doesn't work, some people have luck by putting "-fullscreen" behind the -novid in the launch options above.

also, verify the integrity of the game in "local options".

Didnt work
 
what OS are you using? Open your event viewer after the application fails to start: Start>Run>eventvwr.msc. Go to Windows Events, and then Application. Find the latest entry which should be dods, copy and paste the error if one exists for steam or dods, any event involving either. Running in Vista? Run Steam as administrator and use a different compatibility mode.
 
Running it on Windows 7 Home Premium. It worked just fine when i first installed it and played. But one day just stopped working. Steam doesnt pull up any error messages at all.
 
Back
Top