WILD CARD I-D-uz! (Part 1 of 3)

???

  • Nades only

    Points: 8 47.1%
  • Unmounted MGs

    Points: 3 17.6%
  • Revolutionary Snipers

    Points: 6 35.3%
  • Crawling only

    Points: 3 17.6%
  • Facing/running backwards

    Points: 4 23.5%

  • Total voters
    17

YoSpankDawg

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
2,019
So here's the deal...I came up with a whole bunch of new Wild Card ideas, which I was told that I was more than welcome to share/suggest/put in the drop box. However, I usually like to see if I am the only one who likes an idea, or if there are others who would be into it also. SO, instead of inundating our event coordinators with a bunch of ideas, that is what I am gonna do with this (and the next two) thread--see what interest, if any, there is in them.

Any you like vote for. You can vote for more than one.

I kinda broke them down/sorted them by general themes and I will present them in such. Lol. This first group is the simplest (they get better in parts 2 and 3, trust me. :)). These are all weapon-specific or movement-specific:

1- Nades only
Premise: Pretty simple. No shooting, no melee. Nothing but shooting, throwing, or throwing back nades. Smoke nades will be allowed.
Special requirements: None. However, a smaller map (maybe an arena) is ideal...(also, by virtue of the game type, no rockets, MGs, or snipers)

2- Unmounted MGs only
Premise: A bunch of guys just running around with the MGs unmounted. The quintessential mouse-drag event. Just picture the nonsense.
Special requirements: No limit on # of MGs allowed in map.

3- Revolutionary War Snipers
Premise: (I will admit this was put in my head from something we did in a no-scope event one time) Everybody has a sniper rifle, but no scoping is allowed. We do some revolutionary-style line battles and group movements.
Special requirements: No limit on # of snipers allowed in map. Also, ideally a larger, more open map, would work for this one.

4- Crawling only
Premise: Pretty simple (as all of these first ones, haha)...nobody is allowed to walk, run, or even crouch. Crawling only (but play continues as normal). It sounds lame and kinda slow (smaller map would help with that, but really any will do), but I think it would be a good change of pace, not to mention funny, to be crawling around everywhere.
Special requirements: None.

5- Running/facing backwards only
Premise: Ok this one I thought would be really amusing. You cannot run forwards at all...you run out of spawn--and all around the map--backwards. If you know the map well, you're fine. Otherwise, it might be a little funny wondering where in the world that stinking doorway is. Also, say you're running backwards down the street and all of a sudden you run past another guy running backwards (as will happen allll the time realistically), suddenly it's an unexpected shoot-out. In the middle of it, out of nowhere, one of his allies runs (backwards) past you too. Lol, but that's ok, cause you see two of your own teammates backpedaling into the picture too.
Special requirements: None.



(*If one of my ideas has already been done or proposed, I apologize. I was unaware.)
 
we have done umounted mg's blue stealth just killed us all.. and we have done nades that was one of the funnest events ever.
 
we have done umounted mg's blue stealth just killed us all.. and we have done nades that was one of the funnest events ever.

How was he so much better than everybody?

I think nades would be fun. Anybody who doesn't play Kalt needs to at least experience a start-of-round bridge nade barrage. Tis amazing...

And again, sorry for my ignorance. :(
 
Running backwards seems like a fun thing to do...Might end up with a lot of people getting stuck in corners/doorways but hey, that's part of the fun =P
 
Running backwards seems like a fun thing to do...Might end up with a lot of people getting stuck in corners/doorways but hey, that's part of the fun =P

Exactly! Plus, you know if somebody is cheating if you get killed from behind at all haha. It kinds brings a new meaning to "quick-draw" too, really...
 
#5 seems like all I would have to do is not move, then I could face whatever direction i want and shoot everyone in the back.

hmmm... on second thought, forget what i just said, lets do this. :)
 
Unmounted MG's would be hard for the Allies so we'd probably have to switch it up halfway. I like the thought of nades only though!
 
we have done no scope too, i think ron just murdered us.

Yeah I was there for that, and it was where we tried (like three times) to do a line battle of sorts...

But for those of you who WEREN'T involved, picture 20ish guys (so 10 a side) trying to squeeze side-by-side in the Avalanche courtyard in our lines...not to mention the lines were just about 20-30 feet away from each other. In other words, it was a horrible map for it. Not sure what would be better, just something....more open (some of the larger sniper maps perhaps).
 
Yeah I was there for that, and it was where we tried (like three times) to do a line battle of sorts...

But for those of you who WEREN'T involved, picture 20ish guys (so 10 a side) trying to squeeze side-by-side in the Avalanche courtyard in our lines...not to mention the lines were just about 20-30 feet away from each other. In other words, it was a horrible map for it. Not sure what would be better, just something....more open (some of the larger sniper maps perhaps).

That was a great try though.
 
firmware for the mouse? yes of course :cool:

-Blue

who downloads mouse firmware? for all those fancy features nobody ever uses?


Not sure what would be better, just something....more open (some of the larger sniper maps perhaps).

kalt, bridge, columns of 3 with 3-4 ranks each, rotate ranks, the dead are replaced by the man behind them, fight til there's nobody left, people who break the rules are BANNED for an hour because there's always someone that takes too many shots or doesn't listen. BAN
 
who downloads mouse firmware? for all those fancy features nobody ever uses?

I actually use both on the fly sensitivity adjustments in-game and the programmable buttons on my lechesis for starting/stopping demos (stupid prone glitch drove me to do this).

-Blue
 
idk who it was blue but yeah we have to play a game where even the best players are at a disadvantage. every one is the same
 
running backwards would be the most hilarious thing ever...we HAVE to do that some time...
 

Latest posts

Back
Top