IRCs

Artinz

EGO Addict
Joined
May 28, 2009
Messages
1,258
What IRC client do all of you use? I currently use HydraIRC because I have yet to find a free IRC client that is better than it. Anyone know of a free one thats really good?

Also, I'm having problems connecting to our server using irc.gamesurge.net/edgegamers, just started lately. Any ideas on that?
 
mIRC is the Client I use. Its free and I personally like it. Other than that I use the Java client if I need a quick access to a server.
 
I've been on gamesurge since 04. I dont know much about Hydra, I use NNScript (NoName) and I love it.

Like I said, I don't know much about Hydra, but when you start it up, dont connect. Go to a window you can type in, and type

/server irc.gamesurge.net -j #edgegamers

If that doesn't work try

/server gigenet.il.us.gamesurge.net:6667 -j #edgegamers

That should work. Also, join #aaron (My personal channel ;D )

I've been on it for YEARS. I used to be a shoutcaster for Gamefire, writer for gotfrag, etc. The main channels I idol in are #aaron #edgegamers #quakecon #rservers #jesus and #elitebots
 
Last edited:
I use Xchat for my IRC client, it isnt free, but it works alright for me
 
I use mIRC v7.04, but my trial is about to expire, so I'll return to ChatZilla.

I use Xchat for my IRC client, it isnt free, but it works alright for me

As far as I know, XChat is open source.
 
I use mIRC v7.04, but my trial is about to expire, so I'll return to ChatZilla.



As far as I know, XChat is open source.


You do realize that mIRC is free right? Even after the trial period you just hit "Continue" like always :P

If anyone actually purchased mIRC, you got ripped off = /

mIRC IS completely free. They just want a Donation.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top