APB Players

Done at 23:10:04. If it wasn't for the fact that I actually managed to let it go thru all this time I'd actually not care to play it.

But I guess it's not the developers fault.....maybe....
 
Omg, could this game lag any more!? Can't even play in the Action District because the lag is so awful.

Agreed. I played through about 4 hours (they actually count the tutorial as an hour of gameplay... not happy about that). I honestly cannot say i'm too happy with it.

The design stuff is alright, It just doesn't translate to being actually used very well. Tattoos do not turn out very well no matter how hard you try to make them right.

I just hope that there is a huge set of improvements on the actual launch for this game or I am not going to be giving them another dime.
 
The game is actually really good. Got about an hour left on my first account, then to go through the other 3...

Problems
  • Occasional MASSIVE lag spike
  • Tattoos are fail
  • Abuse of customization system
  • How come I don't know how to make special cars?
  • Not enough clothes
  • There are spots where it is impossible to hit an enemy without passing through his line of sight before he enters yours, essentially making it impossible to win some missions.
What was done well
  • No PvE, makes it interesting
  • Mission system
  • Cars
  • Character design is great - I love how my guy looks, keeping his general design
  • Combat
  • Most of the game.
 
yea I look at this like the release of WoW compared to WoW now its totally different 6 months to a 1 year will improve and etc you cant accomplish everything at release or you will never release
 
Pros:
Customization is leetsauce
Combat is pretty gewd
Driving and cop chases is AWESOME fun

Cons:
Sometimes you'll get a very unbalanced or impossible mission.

By impossible, I mean that I was pit against 2 other players by myself, and they held in a position that I could could not see them, without them seeing me first. This is also stated above by another member.

By unbalanced, is that depending on the difference in ranks in a group, you can have a nice fight with one enemy in the group, own one, and then get horrible maimed over and over by another.
 
Pros:
Customization is leetsauce
Combat is pretty gewd
Driving and cop chases is AWESOME fun

Cons:
Sometimes you'll get a very unbalanced or impossible mission.

By impossible, I mean that I was pit against 2 other players by myself, and they held in a position that I could could not see them, without them seeing me first. This is also stated above by another member.

By unbalanced, is that depending on the difference in ranks in a group, you can have a nice fight with one enemy in the group, own one, and then get horrible maimed over and over by another.

That's exactly what happened to me!
 
That's exactly what happened to me!

I really hope yall like this as much As I do and buy it I finally got my EU verison changed to the NA version from help on the private beta section on the EU site but anyways we should setup a Enforcer Department and a gang for those thugs lol but yea hope yall like it enough
 
I didn't have time to play yesterday :( too much work to do. I dislike the end of the school year. At least it's pretty much over now.

I forgot to mention one terrible thing about APB.

SOCIAL DISTRICT LAG!
There is so much lag in the Social District around the designing machines! Not even just an FPS drop, people just start teleporting! I swear, I saw enough people to fill two action districts at one terminal place! Not just a little lag, where you can still play, you just have to head in the direction of the terminal and push F, hoping that where you actually (compared to where you are on your computer) are turns out to be near the terminal.

Oh right, and every now and then, somebody with a bad connection approaches you in the action district while you're driving, who in turn gives you lag, which in turn causes mass (car) crashes and prestige loss.
 
Hm, what kind of connection do you have? I have regular DSL(I think I d/l stuff around 400kb/s) but haven't experienced any lag like many people are getting. Maybe the occasional hiccup but nothing that would make me mess up or anything. However, my friend who has the same computer specs and internet as me has massive lag all the time and has to run the game on medium rather than maxed out to play :x Go figure.
 
Wow, all of a sudden it's telling me I have 7 hours on the one account I've played. Did they extend the time, or is this glitchy?

-Edit-
Oh wait, they extended the time to 10 hours! Woohoo!

-Edit-
Owww, my ears! They fiddled with the music volume in relation to game volume! Well, it's better this way.
 
Last edited:
I bought the game a day or two ago and I like it my only problem is that it crashes my computer every hour....
 
it did that for me very early in beta I would get a error cuz it ate my memory it says you should have 3 GB of memory but I have 4 and it ate it but after a few patches they released it stopped now I get general protection fault crashes sometimes
 
I hope a bunch of eGO get APB, I absolutely will not get it if I can't find some friendly grouping because I refuse to end up in some of those horrible unbalanced situations I experienced in the Key to the City event.
 
Wait, is the beta over?
Cuz i got a key from RPS and it said it worked...

Whatever, I'm downloading right now
 
I think I'll play Enforcer next week. Then we have to figure out which world to go to...
 
You guys can have it. The game is completely ridiculous when it matches you against players.

Literally just minutes ago at the end of my ten hours, I was in a 2v2. Then, the very next mission I get, the same two I just lost to, have to come after me. So I guess the game figured, that if I couldn't beat those two players with backup, I could do it alone?

No, that's just stupid. I'm not getting APB.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top