No gun sounds PLEASE HELP

Twinki

Rookie
Joined
Feb 11, 2010
Messages
81
Ive been playing css with skins for a while So i decided to try and get rid of em. So I erase the models of the skins and its all good. Like an idiot I delete all of the gun sound folders, The sounds for the deagle the scout and the elites didnt work so I deleted the whole Weapons folder for sound LIke an idiot again! Now I downloaded skins to try and cover it up because they would put a new sound but it still doesent work. If u need more information tell me but please try and help me
 
Delete the skins again, and anything else you want to get rid of.
Now in Steam,
right click on CS:S
Go to properties
Click on the Local Files tab
Click Verify Integrity of Game Cache
 
Hm...
Did you want the skins or no?
You could just reinstall.
 
I did and nothing happened same thing

Hm. That is odd.
Do you get sound for everything else?

If yes, exit Steam, and go into the Steam folder,
C:/Program Files(x86)/Steam if you have 64-bit Windows, Just Program Files if you have 32-bit,
then delete the file
ClientRegistry.blob.
Go back into Steam, then launch CSS.
Report your results.

If no, hit Windows key + R, type in
"dxdiag"
and hit enter.
Click on the Audio 1 tab, and copy and paste the following information:
audio1.png

Then report back.
 
Deleting the Client.Registryblob thing didnt work and it says

Name:Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
 
Deleting the Client.Registryblob thing didnt work and it says

Name:Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)

Okay, hit Windows Key + R again,
"dxdiag" again,
but this time, stay on the main page. Copy the following information:
Capture-3.png
 
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 8/19/2010, 01:54:14
Machine name: GREG-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100618-1621)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: eMachines
System Model: EL1352
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 215 Processor (2 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3840MB RAM
Page File: 1637MB used, 6038MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 64bit Unicode
 
Download this.
Those are the audio drivers for your computer.
Install those, then reboot.
Go into CS:S.
Report results.

(That link is a download, so people lurking, it doesn't go anywhere. :P)
 
Phobus I honestly dont think this is a driver problem. The other guns work fine soundwise. Its just those 3. Maybe the files are corrupt? i really dont know
 
Phobus I honestly dont think this is a driver problem. The other guns work fine soundwise. Its just those 3. Maybe the files are corrupt? i really dont know

Then it would have been fixed when you reinstalled.
Hm...
Did you try Verifying the Game Cache again? It might work... :/
Um... what files did you replace, exactly? Were they all in the css folder?
 
did you go c:\progam files\steam\name\steamapps\ and delete the WHOLE folder of Counter Strike: Source? This happened to me, and that fixed it.
 
Alright. Ima delete the blob. Uninstall CSS Then install it again verify cache and see if it works.
 
Delete the whole thing!? Then where am I going to put files if i want to modify a weapon and what not
 
I deleted the WHOLE thing, and reinstalled, worked like a charm. I meant the whole css folder! Not the steamapps folder!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top