Can we add some maps please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sponge

I made one post
Joined
Sep 6, 2009
Messages
20
Thought 'id bring this up here for discussion rather than a drop box...


would it be possible to add one or maybe two maps to the current INS rotation server?
Im thinking maybe the Baghdad map, another possibility being Haditha if people wanted a second addition?
Its just that i know im not the only one who's getting bored of the same four maps over and over & id perfer not to have play on other servers .
Wasnt too bad when two EGO servers were available as server 2 had a different rotation.

thoughts?
 
Agreed.

Cant remember the name of it, but that one involving the mine shafts is great fun
And Baghdad :D
 
Agreed , I am also getting bored of the same 4 maps and would like a change.

GI
 
I'm with you john I would love to see more maps I don't know what happen to baghdad but I miss it.
A 4 map rotation is so bloody boring but every time I ask for a 6 map rotation I get
"the pubs only like to play a small rotation"
So that's why I only play dust now or find another server because I cant play the same maps over and over and plus supporting the others servers in ins is a win win!
 
since joining ego i have not played any other server.
And i have only played one other map to help start the server.
I'm a dust map player.
i find the other maps far to big and was fed up being killed from god knows were every time i came out of the spawn. at least in dust 2 theres always a way out. we need more maps like dust small.....
 
We're open to changing the rotation. Propose a new server rotation, get a general consensus on it, and then bring our attention to it. Keep in mind, that in the past, we have changed the rotation and the pubs would leave. I agree, Karkar is a fun map, but it's no fun if you're seeding it with the same 2 guys every day.

If you guys keep the server full, and administrated, I could care less about which maps are played.
 
Last edited:
Whilst karkar (the mine map) is good fun (i quite like it) its not the best balanced in my view & may effect server population as its frustratingly hard at times for the US to cap site A if the team isnt a playing as a 'team' (though saying that i guess the same can be said about Sinjar)
However I dont think that one additional map to the rotation would effect the population adversly, if anything it would keep the regulars! - try adding one map & see if it makes any difference?
 
I'm with you john I would love to see more maps I don't know what happen to baghdad but I miss it.
A 4 map rotation is so bloody boring but every time I ask for a 6 map rotation I get
"the pubs only like to play a small rotation"
So that's why I only play dust now or find another server because I cant play the same maps over and over and plus supporting the others servers in ins is a win win!

That's the exact same reason i don't go around there anymore. All i hear when i go into firefight most of the time is how unfairly balanced the maps are for marines as well. I think at least ONE new map is in order if not more. Not to mention i don't think there's a single firefight map on there? Its all push.
 
Not to mention i don't think there's a single firefight map on there? Its all push.

lol I said this same thing months ago I think we need a name change as well for the firefight server because it's so not fitting.
 
lol I said this same thing months ago I think we need a name change as well for the firefight server because it's so not fitting.

Dont take this as me taking shots at you guys. But lets look back to when you guys wanted a complete overhaul of the map rotation. I was against it, but added the maps you requested. What happened? Both the servers emptied out and the rankings dropped fast. Everyone stopped playing on the servers!

Now we're back at it again. "I told you so's" and "This is what I said's" Well let me say it again. I'll change up the damn rotation PROVIDED we play on the server's. I've no issue with mixing stuff up. I have issue with making changes for no apparent reason. The name of the server does not mean a whole lot to me. What does mean a lot is that we have people playing on them and were not throwing money away on an empty server. Yeti don't take this personal....RNL!
 
Dont take this as me taking shots at you guys. But lets look back to when you guys wanted a complete overhaul of the map rotation. I was against it, but added the maps you requested. What happened? Both the servers emptied out and the rankings dropped fast. Everyone stopped playing on the servers!

Now we're back at it again. "I told you so's" and "This is what I said's" Well let me say it again. I'll change up the damn rotation PROVIDED we play on the server's. I've no issue with mixing stuff up. I have issue with making changes for no apparent reason. The name of the server does not mean a whole lot to me. What does mean a lot is that we have people playing on them and were not throwing money away on an empty server. Yeti don't take this personal....RNL!

I think the custom maps plus the random server crashes contributed a lot to us loosing ranks on those servers. Last time I heard firefight was the #1 ins server and our dust 2 server was number #3 so It would be silly to change things up now because what we got now is working, but I don't think adding baghdad and maybe haditha will hurt anything, I think we should keep the current rotation but just add 2 more good maps.
 
I think the custom maps plus the random server crashes contributed a lot to us loosing ranks on those servers. Last time I heard firefight was the #1 ins server and our dust 2 server was number #3 so It would be silly to change things up now because what we got now is working, but I don't think adding baghdad and maybe haditha will hurt anything, I think we should keep the current rotation but just add 2 more good maps.

Yes for adding baghdad, I also doubt that would decrease the popularity of the server.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top