Suggestions?

-King.exe

EGO Zealot
Joined
Dec 28, 2009
Messages
1,615
Hey guys,

So I'm gonna buy a new PC soon and I found 3 PC which look pretty good to me. But since im not that much of a computer guy I'd like to get some suggestions

First PC:

Model: HP PAVILION G5112 0910AZ KF4
CPU: Intel? Pentium? Processor E6600. 3.06 GHz
RAMz: 4 GB DDR-3-RAM
GFX: nVidia GeForce G315 (2815 MB)
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

Everything for 599,-


Second PC:

Model: ACER ASPIRE M5910 0910CZ ICD
CPU: Intel? Core™ i7-860 Processor. 2,66 GHz
RAMz: 4 GB DDR-3-RAM
GFX: ATI Radeon HD 5750 (2811 MB)
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)

Everything for 999,-


Third PC:

Model: ACER ASPIRE M7811 0910CZ ICD
CPU: Intel? Core™ i7-860 Processor. 2,8 GHz
RAMz: 6 GB DDR-3-RAM
GFX: nVidia GeForce GTX 480 (1510 MB)
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)

Everything for 1499,-


What is the best?
Is it really worth to buy the one for 1500?
Or should I even think of buying a completely different computer?

I'm ready for suggestions
More infos ready if need be
 
Last edited:
None. Build your own PC, or use a website to build a gaming PC. If you can't, go with the third, it blows the other 2 out of the water, like you'll get pretty bad fps on the others, and with the third you'll be maxing everything. If you build it/use a website you can get a PC for cheaper that will also max everything. But number three is still a pretty good price, I'm just wary of stock built machines, come with bad PSUs/cases among other things that become a pain later on.

@Angeli, the third PC he picked murders the one you showed, yours isn't much of a gaming pc.
 
Last edited:
None. Build your own PC, or use a website to build a gaming PC. If you can't, go with the third, it blows the other 2 out of the water, like you'll get pretty bad fps on the others, and with the third you'll be maxing everything. If you build it/use a website you can get a PC for cheaper that will also max everything. But number three is still a pretty good price, I'm just wary of stock built machines, come with bad PSUs/cases among other things that become a pain later on.

@Angeli, the third PC he picked murders the one you showed, yours isn't much of a gaming pc.

Some people cant build their own PC, or dont have the time.

So maybe try finding a site that builds gaming PC's. Theres a few that sponsor eGO even


http://www.ibuypower.com/

Uberclock closed :/
 
Yes. If you're interested in building your own, you can check out my build thread (link is in my sig), and I can help you out on what parts to get.
But, if you absolutely must get one of the those PCs, get the third. Or get one from a website that has already been linked.
 
Well...
First problem: I dont have the time to build up my own PC
Second problem: I'm not american or Canadian.. So all those websites aren't really helpful

I'll keep an eye out for more
 
You could build a real beast for $1500, and yes the one for $1500 is the best of the 3. I would avoid ACER altogether though, just my opinion. Cheers Mate !
 
I don't think there's any doubt that the last one is the best PC mentioned so far. The problem is he asked this:

Is it really worth to buy the one for 1500?

Yes, it's the best one. But is it worth paying the extra $500 over the second model he mentioned or even double what Angeli suggested?

As far as performance cost ratio goes, building your own is always best. Besides the bad cases and PSUs mentioned above, they also like to tack on a whole bunch of extraneous software that you really really don't want.

Also, I agree with dbee that Acer is a nuisance. Had some troubles with a laptop case that broke itself opening and closing. The HP I currently have overheats badly, but is otherwise fine.

EDIT: If the only game you play is CS:S your performance requirements are much lower than a lot of newer games like BF:BC2.
 
None. Build your own PC, or use a website to build a gaming PC. If you can't, go with the third, it blows the other 2 out of the water, like you'll get pretty bad fps on the others, and with the third you'll be maxing everything. If you build it/use a website you can get a PC for cheaper that will also max everything. But number three is still a pretty good price, I'm just wary of stock built machines, come with bad PSUs/cases among other things that become a pain later on.

@Angeli, the third PC he picked murders the one you showed, yours isn't much of a gaming pc.

That's sort of what you would expect from a $700 difference, isn't it?

I've never trusted Acer, Gateway, or eMachines recently. They seem to have really cheap power supplies and tend to need repair within only a few months of having it.

The one I linked him to would go nice with a slight video card upgrade, but other than that, it's a good deal.

Also, you should probably try to keep in mind what -King.exe said:
Hey guys,

So I'm gonna buy a new PC soon and I found 3 PC which look pretty good to me. But since im not that much of a computer guy I'd like to get some suggestions

He might not understand how to put his own computer together, and it can be quite confusing if it's a complicated rig.

I'm pretty sure -King.exe could easily pull 500 fps in Counter-Strike with the $800 rig I linked.

It's up to what -King.exe decides is best for him in the end. If he has the money, sure, buy the ACER. It's a decent rig. I'm just not too sure of it's power supply. Every ACER, Gateway, or eMachines computer I've ever touched has had problems with the power supply within 3-6 months of purchase.

If you want to build yourself a rig from scratch and put it together yourself, here's a list of parts and accessories you can buy.

_________________________

NZXT Apollo Black SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor BX80601950

ASUS Rampage III Gene LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL

2x Seagate Barracuda XT ST32000641AS 2TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive - It doesn't come in a fancy box is what it means by "Bare Drive" if you don't know already. Just a basic white box with the drive itself in a anti-static bag as well as wrapped in bubble wrap.

CORSAIR Professional Series AX1200 1200W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Certified 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Monitor 1: ASUS VH226H Black 21.5" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor - Use this monitor for playing your games on.

Monitor 2: Samsung 24" B2430HD HD WideScreen LCD Monitor w/TV Tuner & USB Port - Use this monitor for things like Ventrilo and if you're doing something in a program that you are more comfortable using the whole screen instead of half of it or switching back and forth between a tutorial or an example of something, use this monitor to have that tutorial or example on. Also has a digital TV Tuner.

2x ASUS ENGTS450 DirectCU TOP/DI/1GB5 GeForce GTS 450 (Fermi) 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

LITE-ON Black Blu-ray Disc Combo SATA Model iHES208-08 LightScribe Support

Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model AD-7261S-0B LightScribe Support - OEM

Logitech G510 Black USB Wired Game Keyboard

RAZER Mamba Black 7 Buttons USB Laser Gaming Mouse - Dual Mode Wired/Wireless Functionality

Turtle Beach Earforce X11 Amplified Stereo Headset - Made for Xbox 360, works with PC.

Subtotal, not including tax/shipping!: $2797.84

Or you can get a budget build which I can help with if you want. Anything in bold w/ an underline is a link you can use to get more information.
 
That's sort of what you would expect from a $700 difference, isn't it?

I've never trusted Acer, Gateway, or eMachines recently. They seem to have really cheap power supplies and tend to need repair within only a few months of having it.

The one I linked him to would go nice with a slight video card upgrade, but other than that, it's a good deal.

Also, you should probably try to keep in mind what -King.exe said:


He might not understand how to put his own computer together, and it can be quite confusing if it's a complicated rig.

I'm pretty sure -King.exe could easily pull 500 fps in Counter-Strike with the $800 rig I linked.

It's up to what -King.exe decides is best for him in the end. If he has the money, sure, buy the ACER. It's a decent rig. I'm just not too sure of it's power supply. Every ACER, Gateway, or eMachines computer I've ever touched has had problems with the power supply within 3-6 months of purchase.

If you want to build yourself a rig from scratch and put it together yourself, here's a list of parts and accessories you can buy.

If he this is his first rig why would he want to buy one that is 3k. That rig has a lot of extras (second monitor, tv tuner, 4tb, 12gb of ram?) and not as good base components (2 450s, no cooler?), you just said it can be quite confusing then you link that thing.
 
Last edited:
-snip-

I'm pretty sure -King.exe could easily pull 500 fps in Counter-Strike with the $800 rig I linked.

No, the HD 4350 is just utter crap. He'd maybe get 40-50.

It's up to what -King.exe decides is best for him in the end. If he has the money, sure, buy the ACER. It's a decent rig. I'm just not too sure of it's power supply. Every ACER, Gateway, or eMachines computer I've ever touched has had problems with the power supply within 3-6 months of purchase.

My brother has had his Acer for almost 3 or 4 years now, and he put in a HD 4850 a few years back, and still running the same power supply with no problems.

If you want to build yourself a rig from scratch and put it together yourself, here's a list of parts and accessories you can buy.

_________________________

NZXT Apollo Black SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor BX80601950

ASUS Rampage III Gene LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9T-12GBRL

2x Seagate Barracuda XT ST32000641AS 2TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive - It doesn't come in a fancy box is what it means by "Bare Drive" if you don't know already. Just a basic white box with the drive itself in a anti-static bag as well as wrapped in bubble wrap.

CORSAIR Professional Series AX1200 1200W ATX12V v2.31 / EPS12V v2.92 SLI Certified 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

Monitor 1: ASUS VH226H Black 21.5" 2ms(GTG) HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor - Use this monitor for playing your games on.

Monitor 2: Samsung 24" B2430HD HD WideScreen LCD Monitor w/TV Tuner & USB Port - Use this monitor for things like Ventrilo and if you're doing something in a program that you are more comfortable using the whole screen instead of half of it or switching back and forth between a tutorial or an example of something, use this monitor to have that tutorial or example on. Also has a digital TV Tuner.

2x ASUS ENGTS450 DirectCU TOP/DI/1GB5 GeForce GTS 450 (Fermi) 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

LITE-ON Black Blu-ray Disc Combo SATA Model iHES208-08 LightScribe Support

Sony Optiarc CD/DVD Burner Black SATA Model AD-7261S-0B LightScribe Support - OEM

Logitech G510 Black USB Wired Game Keyboard

RAZER Mamba Black 7 Buttons USB Laser Gaming Mouse - Dual Mode Wired/Wireless Functionality

Turtle Beach Earforce X11 Amplified Stereo Headset - Made for Xbox 360, works with PC.

Subtotal, not including tax/shipping!: $2797.84

Or you can get a budget build which I can help with if you want. Anything in bold w/ an underline is a link you can use to get more information.

Bolded, and to your build:

Such a bad case for a $3000 computer. I would expect at least a HAF-X, if not a top-notch Lian Li case.
12GB of memory is total overkill and will offer no more performance over having 3GB of memory. Unless you're video editing, of course.
2TBs is a lot of storage to trust to one drive. It's be much better to either get 4 1TBs, or 8 500GBs. And no SSD? Really? For a $3000 build? Tsk tsk.
The first batch of AX1200 PSUs is just horrible. Missing screws in the packaging, horrible coil whine, it's just not good. :/
Why not get 3 of the same monitors?
Really? SLI 450s, when you could be so much better off with SLI 460s? Tsk tsk. Plus, that 1200W is just complete overkill. :/


What is the OPs decision?
 
Back
Top