Hats and Stats?

Sounds like an interesting idea to me. I'd really like it, and it would add a nice effect to hats.

But then i'd like hats to be given more often. Ive got 90+ hours on that game and only 2 hats have been given

i have almost 300 hours in game and only bhave like 3 hats..
 
I hope hat stats never happen! Definitely not needed. The thought of that makes my head hurt!
 
i don't think hats should do anything and if they were they should have done it from teh start of hats and also make hats as avalable as all the weapons....because when thats the case then it would be more customizable play styles...but as it is now hats are uber rare and are nothing but coolness and bragging rights ...but if they did stuff then its just an unfair advantage...i just don;t think it could be implemented now if it was to ever work it would have to be from teh start
 
Here's the problem with stats for hats:


Why are there weapons with different stats now? They provide choice and interesting stuff, sure, but the real reason that they are feasible is that EVERYONE has them. Honestly, you might craft some away or whatever, but guaranteed, because of the drop system, you'll have whatever it is in relatively short order. The reason very few players complain about weapon stats (as a whole, not individually) is because no one person is privileged.

Hats are different. As many people have already said, I have [X] gameplay hours, and I only have [~X/100] Hats. Hats are rare, meant to distinguish people in a symbolic - and not practical - sense. Golden wrenches are the same way. A privileged few got them, but they are no different from the regular wrenches, functionally. Sure, a golden statue here, and a shiny wrench there, but no gameplay advantages.

It doesn't matter if hats had BALANCED stats; the point is, they give certain lucky players more options, which isn't particularly fair. Should hats become a commodity, and super easy to get, fine, but in their present state, not a chance.
 
Hats should have more visual effects, like a water sprinkler hat for the pyro :D

Stats for hats seems like it would make lots and lots of people mad. I think it would be cool for some hats to have some "easter egg" effects that no one would normally expect. A hat that lights people standing on top of the player on fire or something.
 
Here's the problem with stats for hats:


Why are there weapons with different stats now? They provide choice and interesting stuff, sure, but the real reason that they are feasible is that EVERYONE has them. Honestly, you might craft some away or whatever, but guaranteed, because of the drop system, you'll have whatever it is in relatively short order. The reason very few players complain about weapon stats (as a whole, not individually) is because no one person is privileged.

Hats are different. As many people have already said, I have [X] gameplay hours, and I only have [~X/100] Hats. Hats are rare, meant to distinguish people in a symbolic - and not practical - sense. Golden wrenches are the same way. A privileged few got them, but they are no different from the regular wrenches, functionally. Sure, a golden statue here, and a shiny wrench there, but no gameplay advantages.

It doesn't matter if hats had BALANCED stats; the point is, they give certain lucky players more options, which isn't particularly fair. Should hats become a commodity, and super easy to get, fine, but in their present state, not a chance.

No wai! Dread made a reasonable length post!
 
I don't even have a hat yet, besides event hats. So this may bias my opinion a bit.

I think they should remain the way they are. It's just an aesthetic, and that's all that hats should be.
 
My unbiased opinion: Hats should have special abilities. Minor ones, that don't affect gameplay much or not at all. No stats, stats would ruin it. But fun abilities? That would be awesome! Just think, with a Pyro beanie you have less grav than normal so you fly farther when backstabbed!

As of now I have 897 hours on TF2. This may explain my 11 hats.
 
Heh, I'm rapidly aproaching 1500 hours on TF2 and I think I've only found 2-3 from Random Drop, I've crafted 2-3 also though.
 
Maybe add new taunts for players wearing certain hats or something but no stats.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top