new computer wheeeE!

blacklotus

Poster
Joined
Aug 29, 2010
Messages
211
I finally bought a new computer from iBUYPOWER.com

Case Chimera Inferno 2 Gaming Case - Flame
Processor Intel? Core? i5 760 Processor (4x 2.80GHz/8MB L3 Cache)
Processor Cooling Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-1156] - [Free Upgrade] Standard 120mm Fan
Memory 4 GB [2 GB X2] DDR3-1333 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand
Video Card ATI Radeon HD 5450 - 1GB
Motherboard ASUS P7P55 LX
Power Supply 450 Watt -- Standard
Primary Hard Drive 500 GB HARD DRIVE -- 16M Cache, 7200 RPM, 3.0Gb/s
Optical Drive 24X Dual Format/Double Layer DVD?R/?RW + CD-R/RW Drive

I went cheep on the power supply due to my insufficient funds at the moment, I plan on getting a better one but my question is will that standard crappy one hold out for a while..??

anyways so exciting finally no lag this is what I'm upgrading from, my old warcraft 3 pc

Processor Amd xp 1700+ (1.4 ghz)
Memory 512 mb
Graphics Card Geforce FX 5200 (128 mb)

so ya .... horribubble lag :(

wheee new pc needs to get here NAOWW
 
Nice. I'm super jealous. I need to get a new PC soon. how much did that rig cost?
 
thank you, I'm very excited ^_^ oh thx for the feedback seek I sure hope it holds out for atleast a few months
 
Nice. And for what seek said, it should up ok for awhile. As soon as you get the funds to get a good PSU, go for it.
 
when you get money, i would go in this order:

GPU-5450 is mediocre, but 1000x better than the FX5200

then PSU- ibuypower uses decent PSU's, and 450w more than what you need by about 35%.
 
so your saying when I upgrade my graphics card I'll probably need a better PSU ... makes sense..

I'm actually considering the next thing to buy being a new monitor, I've had this thing forever and those newer monitors look really cool and ... and well they say cool stuff on them like HD and LCD :o lol

there was a deal on tiger direct which has probably expired now on a 19" LCD for only 99$ USD when I see something like that again I'll probably grab it .. actually I may just wait until those after Christmas deals and snag all 3 that would be the smart thing to do.
 
so your saying when I upgrade my graphics card I'll probably need a better PSU ... makes sense..

I'm actually considering the next thing to buy being a new monitor, I've had this thing forever and those newer monitors look really cool and ... and well they say cool stuff on them like HD and LCD :o lol

there was a deal on tiger direct which has probably expired now on a 19" LCD for only 99$ USD when I see something like that again I'll probably grab it .. actually I may just wait until those after Christmas deals and snag all 3 that would be the smart thing to do.
Try and get at least a 21" to get your moneys worth, with a res of 1920x1080. It makes a huge difference.
 
ofcourse bigger is better when it comes to the monitor!! what the hell was I thinking .... oh yeah I was looking at the price difference lol I'm such a cheapskate sometimes seriously though I'll keep that in mind um..

so ..so whats the deal with these USB3 motherboards are they amazing or are they meh .. no real difference
 
Real quick, usb3 technology is still new, so motherboards that will come equipped with it will tend to have a higher price tag. Also there is very few (if any products) that use the usb3 technology, so I would steer away from those motherboards for a while til more products come out that use that technology. There has already been reviews about the technology, so feel free to google the info about it.
 
ty bonecrusher ^_^ & thx for the reply pillar I just seen the usb3 and was like huh wut is this :blink:

I know what you mean about new technology though not being used as much, sometimes is best to let them get the bugs out before buying, my friend bought the first ps3 model i wanna say the one with the smaller harddrive and he had some problems with it, the one that is available now however is just fine.

So anyways Its gonna take them like 5~10 business days before they even ship my new computer :O sadface:[ so I probably wont see it for another 2 weeks or so
 
um.. I have played mtg, and I am aware of the card reference, here is a couple others

What is the black lotus

What is the black lotus clan

what actually intrigued me on the name was I read somewhere that around the 1600s the ninja would train young girls in the deadly arts so they could have them easily slip by any guards unsuspected to assassinate the target
 

Latest posts

Back
Top