Competitive Team needs you!

ronpaul

EGO Zealot
Joined
Nov 16, 2008
Messages
1,840
6NlDA.png.

Greetings!

It's become apparent that finding regular scrimmages against other competitive teams or 12 mans can be difficult due to scheduling or the availability/interest of other teams. Also, I am changing the atmosphere of the team so that players don't become comfortable or complacent with their starting positions. With other players vying for a player's spot on the competitive team, everyone should be motivated to play harder and perform better. That's my theory anyway, help me put it to the test... I am creating a standing scrimmage team for the division and I need your help.

Purpose

The primary objective of the scrim team is to aid the competitive team in their preparation for the week's match. We would like for a dedicated group of six or more individuals to meet with the team (most likely Sunday nights) and run scrims, talk strategy, etc. During a typical scrim, we'll split the competitive team members and put three on each team while filling the last three slots with scrim team members.

I should admit, I am not hoping just to get practice out of the scrim team. I'm also looking to expand our official team roster, and I'm hoping to draw from the pool of scrim team participants. If you start beating up on Blue or out-performing someone on a week's map I see no reason why you shouldn't be offered a spot.

Taking the next step

All I need you to do is post here with your intent to join and your schedule for Thursday through Sunday nights, for example:

Code:
Name: ronpaul
Schedule: Thursday night, Saturday afternoon, Sunday evenings (past 7PM).

Note that ideally we would like to scrim on Sunday nights. Rosters lock for the week Sunday at midnight.

Disclaimer

Please keep in mind that this is not a new competitive team. Leadership has not and will not immediately grant the creation of a new team to compete in league-play as the competitive team does, nor will I push for the creation of such a team until a dedicated group of players step up on this scrim team. As I said, this team will get its competitive experience during the scheduled weekly scrimmages that are to take place only within eGO, for now. Scrim team participants will be asked to sign the Competitive Team Code of Conduct before they participate in scrims.


Hey, don't forget the team plays its Week 1 match TONIGHT. Check out all the action here: http://www.edgegamers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=148895

Thanks guys!​
 
Last edited:
Name: Dutchoper72
Schedule: SMTWT but it cant be pass 10pm, FS can be when ever
 
Name: Blasphemy
Schedule: Monday-Friday night no later then 11. Saturday sunday, no later then 11 on sunday.
PM me or have Stormy or sumac find me if needed. at another time.
 
Name: Ravage
Schedule: Thursday (After 6 p.m. EST), Saturday afternoon, most if not all of Sunday
 
Name: Boyle
Schedule: Monday-Friday night no later then 10:30. Saturday-Sunday, no later then 11:00. All times are eastern. I have concert series once a month and the first three weeks in December. (I will be on PBS television in December.)
 
Last edited:
Name:Trees
Schedule: Fridays, Saturdays, sometimes Sundays depending on what goes down that day.
 
Name: Fabbrini

Availability: Any week day.. I typically start gaming either when I get up in the AM, but I'm predominately online and available after 8 or 9 PM eastern. Sundays I'm always available after 6 PM. (I go to new jersey once or twice most weeks. USUALLY but not always Saturdays. I return early Sunday morning.


I'm currently job hunting.. when a job comes into the picture, which it will eventually, obviously my schedule will change.

But as Ronpaul knows, I am more than 100% willing to put fourth what is needed, if I can provide it.. then I will.
 
Last edited:
Name: Blue Kaoz
Schedule: Friday and Saturday and maybe Sunday depends on the time when the match is.
 
You made the announcement/forum post about the tryouts a few hours after I left for a camping trip and then the competition took place a few hours before I got home...and then you were so unmoving about no make-up tryouts that I thought maybe you had been promoted to leadership while I was gone.

I don't know what you're talking about, but this isn't the first time it's come up. I made the post announcing tryouts on the 31st of August, here: http://www.edgegamers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=144650&highlight=tryout

According to your post announcing your return, here, you returned several days before tryouts were even announced. They were not announced after you left or during your trip.

You also signed up for tryouts, here, and did not state that you would be missing the tryouts as I requested:

If you'd like to tryout but cannot make the tryout date please post a reply here with a completed application and a note that states you may be absent. Much more information will be available after tryouts but if you have any questions or comments you can reply to this thread.

Note that your application does not say anything about missing the night of the tryouts.

I have also gone through my PMs and do not see anything from you stating your intended absence. So, to recap:

- You got back before tryouts were announced
- You signed up for tryouts, agreeing to the date and time
- You did not state you would be absent on the forums or via PM
- I have no record of where you were during tryouts and I do not remember any steam conversation on the subject.

I'm sorry if you missed tryouts, Sumac and two others let me know ahead of time and we rescheduled their tryout for a day prior. The scrim team is the perfect opportunity for everyone to get experience and try to earn a spot on the competitive team, so yes, you and all others should feel free to participate.
 
cough served cough.


Also, looking forward to playing with all you guys, it will really help out to get some more scrims in.
 
Name: six
Schedule: Thursday night, Friday, Saturday afternoon, Sunday morning-afternoon
 

Latest posts

Back
Top