Time Zones

Rey

Rookie
Joined
Apr 3, 2010
Messages
47
This isn't as pathetic as the title suggests...

I just wanted to raise an issue with some of you, I've noticed the more i play that i seem to be missing out on all the meeting and all of the events that are taking place due to the time difference. Almost all of the events that I have read take place on 9pm or 10 pm eastern time which means 3 am or 4 am at times for me.

Now I may have missed events that take place for people who live in the GMT time zone of GMT+1 or +2 ect. If thats the case can somebody just direct me.

If this isnt the case then maybe we should look into the possibility of setting up some more events that are time zone friendly to all the eGO community.

Thanks,

Rey!
 
For me, I could come to lots of the events if they were at 7 or 8 EST instead of 10, because after 2am it is a bit too much!
 
For me, I could come to lots of the events if they were at 7 or 8 EST instead of 10, because after 2am it is a bit too much!

do we hold 10PM EST events? they have all been 9 I thought. I believe the next realism campaign will begin at 8PM EST.

-Blue
 
Last edited:
Sorry forgot about the exact times. It's great to have the next realism a bit earlier, but I can't take part in any other events that seem really fun that are at 02.00 :)
 
Is there any chance that maybe we could organize another event for European players? Seems slightly unfair that most events often take place at times which make it almost impossible for alot of us to attend.

I'm sure there would be a member with full eGO status who would be willing to help here?
 
Is there any chance that maybe we could organize another event for European players? Seems slightly unfair that most events often take place at times which make it almost impossible for alot of us to attend.

I'm sure there would be a member with full eGO status who would be willing to help here?

Our division doesn't have Event Coordinators like some of the others do; we have the Advisors handle those responsibilities. This has always been a recurring problem for us; while "your" 9PM time is convenient for you, it's the middle of our work/school days here, so there's bound to be a conflict. I personally can't run and participate in an event while I'm sitting in Mechanical Design lecture at 3PM EST, and I work during the day on weekends as well.

We've tried/are still trying to find a fix for this problem, but it's not as easy as it sounds. (And no, we aren't going to promote another Advisor specifically to run a Euro event; come to think of it, that's a problem as well for us, because our online times overlap less and meetings/keeping on the same page are much more difficult then.) It's not that we're trying to exclude you, by any means; it's the fact that we're busy in real life when you're not, and vice versa.
 
Shortly after Realism Night started we started doing a Euro Realism once a month. The new tournaments have Euro Realism even more often but unfortunately attendance seems to be dwindling for Euro Realisms. Like Blue stated were moving up the regular Realism time to 8pm EST and 1am GMT, so for now at least you can look forward to a Euro realism every few weeks. :P
 
Our division doesn't have Event Coordinators like some of the others do; we have the Advisors handle those responsibilities. This has always been a recurring problem for us; while "your" 9PM time is convenient for you, it's the middle of our work/school days here, so there's bound to be a conflict. I personally can't run and participate in an event while I'm sitting in Mechanical Design lecture at 3PM EST, and I work during the day on weekends as well.

We've tried/are still trying to find a fix for this problem, but it's not as easy as it sounds. (And no, we aren't going to promote another Advisor specifically to run a Euro event; come to think of it, that's a problem as well for us, because our online times overlap less and meetings/keeping on the same page are much more difficult then.) It's not that we're trying to exclude you, by any means; it's the fact that we're busy in real life when you're not, and vice versa.

However, The event server is always open to join (when no one is using it) perhaps a euro O can step up and start non-official events?
 
However, The event server is always open to join (when no one is using it) perhaps a euro O can step up and start non-official events?

It's only open if you know the password...unfortunately, most of eGO knows that password.

That being said, I really don't care if people hop in there and play whenever, but I don't anticipate handing over the server controls (to make special/custom events work/happen) to any more non-leadership members anytime soon.
 
Just hang in there man soon we may have events coming for you hopefully. I 'am sure leadership will think of something.
 
Ok guys, thanks, understand what you are saying. I will wait until more Euro events are possible, which i hope isnt too far away :)
 
Why not make the events earlier? That way everybody can have fun?

I mean US, Africa and Europe, since India Asia and most of eastern Europe is a minority, It would be useless to host events, "East Friendly"
 
we have euro events but nobody comes to them...you euros show us that more of you will come to euro events and we will host more of them.

-Blue

DoD got only euro realism and that is once month...i havent see anything else euro event on dod
 
DoD got only euro realism and that is once month...i havent see anything else euro event on dod

right, if we hold a euro version of our most popular event, and not enough people ever show up for it...

do you see where I am coming from here? It does not make sense to host more euro events if nobody will come to them.

If we see an increase in euros attending the current euro events, more will be added.

-Blue
 
right, if we hold a euro version of our most popular event, and not enough people ever show up for it...

do you see where I am coming from here? It does not make sense to host more euro events if nobody will come to them.

If we see an increase in euros attending the current euro events, more will be added.

-Blue

Cant show up if there is no euro events.
Even try pls to hold more and i think there is players non europe who want play like both events euro and normal.
 
I've been to euro realism and I see what you're getting at, the server usually isn't filled unfortunately. It is however some great fun and it was a pleasure being there. I'm still confused as to why we can't have event coordinators like other divisions as I feel that they would be helping the advisors out a lot. But oh well.
Also euro realism isn't shown on the upcoming events, when I checked it on the forums it was only realism at normal EST time shown. It would be nice to be sure if the actual euro realism was shown on the forums.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top