Cell Phone Help? Click here if you need it.

Protege

I made one post
Joined
Oct 28, 2010
Messages
13
Heeeeyyyyy everybody!

I'm new, didn't see one of these threads so here we go.

If you are having problems with your cell phones, technical issues, I MAY be able to help you. I may also be able to recommend certain actions you can take on your plan, but there is one thing I request.

Never, EVER, give me or anyone else your account info. If you have a problem, post in the following format. And I don't unlock phones to be used on different carriers.

Cell Phone Make and Model:
How long have you had the phone:
What carrier do you have:
What's your issue:
When did it start:
What other problems did you notice before the main problem occurred:
What symptoms was your device experiencing:
What troubleshooting have you done already:
Additional Info:


I will attempt to manage multiple questions at once, if I don't get to you, send me a pm, or post it again. Please wait 24 hours for a reply :w00t:

See you around :drool:
 
In addition, I have my own blog. Purely informational, at www.CellPhoneWorkshop.com


You can follow me on twitter, I basically post tips, tricks, and write articles on the industry so that a regular consumer can better understand what is going on.

Anything from the technology to the phone itself.

Hopefully you will find something useful, see you in vent or the BFBC2 servers :thumbup1:
 
Last edited:
You should put somewhere that Lookout Mobile Security is a virus. That totally f'd my phone these past couple of days. I had to a factory reset. And the Sprint store guy said he could do it - for $35. yeah right.
 
Were you able to do the factory reset? Did you have any problems? And yea, I do not recommend ANY anti virus. Your phone does not need it.
 
Were you able to do the factory reset? Did you have any problems? And yea, I do not recommend ANY anti virus. Your phone does not need it.

Yeah. It's not hard. You hold three buttons. Why the hell would I pay someone $35 to do that?
 
do u have much experience with the iphone? i gotta wierd issue with ios4 not letting me change my apn information unless i get download tetherme and the tetherme edit package from cydia
 
Unfortunately the iphone is not something I can help with.


Get yourself a droid ;)
 
Awesome, love this post. Should be stickied or something. xD

I do need help with mine however, so here goes:

Cell Phone Make and Model: Sony Ericcson Equinox
How long have you had the phone: A few months.
What carrier do you have: T-Mobile
What's your issue: Unable to recieve calls/texts. For example, someone will call me and hear the connecting tone, but my phone never rings or gives any indication that a call was recieved. Also, text messages are delayed for some time. I think the longest delay was like 2 days later I recieved a message. I contacted T-Mobile and they thought it was my battery, so they sent me a new one. Unfortuanately, the problem still persists. I believe it has something to do with my SIM, as I switched into an older phone model (the Ericson broke; water damage) and the problems continue to happen.
When did it start: Immediately
What other problems did you notice before the main problem occurred: The phone lags a lot. Takes about 20 seconds to open a menu.
What symptoms was your device experiencing: Phone lag and unable to recieve/send calls and texts.
What troubleshooting have you done already: Obtained a new battery, switched to and older phone model, factory reset, and called T-Mobile several times for possible replacement SIM (unable).

Wow, that's a lot. -.- Thanks for the help though!
 
Dunno if you're able to help with iPod Touch, but here goes anyways.

Cell Phone Make and Model: Apple iPod Touch 2nd Gen

How long have you had the phone: 8-10 months

What carrier do you have: N/A

What's your issue: Battery life drastically reduced by iOS 4 Update, persists through the newer iOS 4 updates.

When did it start: About 2-3 months ago when iOS 4 came out.

What other problems did you notice before the main problem occurred: iPod was extremely laggy, took forever to open apps and music skipped. Lag and skipping was solved by iOS 4.0.2 update already.

What symptoms was your device experiencing: Laggy performance, music skipping, low battery life compared to older 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 firmware.

What troubleshooting have you done already: Attempted to restore it back to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 but was unsuccessful due to Apple not signing their firmware anymore or w/e happened. Turned off all things that could possibly be draining battery life, including WiFi, and I still don't get the battery life I had when I used 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 firmware.

Additional Info: None that I can think of, however, I'm not sure if you can help with iPods like I said at the beginning of my post. I hope you can, though! (Edit past here) I just checked the current update it's at, and it's at 4.1, which is the most recent currently. I get about 1 hr of use just from listening to music, when I should be getting up to 7 hours or more.

Thanks in advance if you can help me. x.x
 
Last edited:
Dunno if you're able to help with iPod Touch, but here goes anyways.

Cell Phone Make and Model: Apple iPod Touch 2nd Gen

How long have you had the phone: 8-10 months

What carrier do you have: N/A

What's your issue: Battery life drastically reduced by iOS 4 Update, persists through the newer iOS 4 updates.

When did it start: About 2-3 months ago when iOS 4 came out.

What other problems did you notice before the main problem occurred: iPod was extremely laggy, took forever to open apps and music skipped. Lag and skipping was solved by iOS 4.0.2 update already.

What symptoms was your device experiencing: Laggy performance, music skipping, low battery life compared to older 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 firmware.

What troubleshooting have you done already: Attempted to restore it back to 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 but was unsuccessful due to Apple not signing their firmware anymore or w/e happened. Turned off all things that could possibly be draining battery life, including WiFi, and I still don't get the battery life I had when I used 3.1.3 and 3.1.2 firmware.

Additional Info: None that I can think of, however, I'm not sure if you can help with iPods like I said at the beginning of my post. I hope you can, though! (Edit past here) I just checked the current update it's at, and it's at 4.1, which is the most recent currently. I get about 1 hr of use just from listening to music, when I should be getting up to 7 hours or more.

Thanks in advance if you can help me. x.x

i know from experience with my 2g and 3g iphones, the best thing is to update them to 3.1.2 and call it good, even the 3gs experiences lag with and battery issues, i have the iphone4 too, and it experiences bad battery life/incosistant. It can depend on wifi usuage too, but i like my pre iphone4 devices on 3.1.2 most everything is the same minus folder, i never use em anyways tho, hope my 2 cents helps
 
Is there a way to wipe the entire hard drive and start over new? But of course, make sure to put your music files and stuff that you REALLY NEED somewhere you can find them, maybe like a usb. Have you tried to buy a new charger, or battery, in the last couple of months that you've experienced the problems?
 
Last edited:
he could get a new battery, but its not really the battery failing so much as the ios or firmware has a lot more running in the background, which in returns consumes more battery
 
he could get a new battery, but its not really the battery failing so much as the ios or firmware has a lot more running in the background, which in returns consumes more battery

You can't replace the battery in an iPone/iPod/iPad.

Also, I'm a girl.

There isn't any current way for me to downgrade the firmware on it, either. I've never previously jailbroken my iPod, therefore I don't have any SHSH Blobs saved through Cydia from the previous versions of the firmware. Since Apple stopped signing the firmware or w/e, it made it virtually impossible to restore it back to any previous software, even factory settings.

I use an iPod dock/alarm clock in my room to charge it most of the time. It doesn't change anything depending on whether or not I use the USB Wire on a computer or any other electronic device that has a USB Port or the iPod dock. I still get the very low battery life, with maybe a few extra minutes from charging it on the dock over a computer or other electronic device.
 
Last edited:
You can't replace the battery in an iPone/iPod/iPad.

Also, I'm a girl.

There isn't any current way for me to downgrade the firmware on it, either. I've never previously jailbroken my iPod, therefore I don't have any SHSH Blobs saved through Cydia from the previous versions of the firmware. Since Apple stopped signing the firmware or w/e, it made it virtually impossible to restore it back to any previous software, even factory settings.

I use an iPod dock/alarm clock in my room to charge it most of the time. It doesn't change anything depending on whether or not I use the USB Wire on a computer or any other electronic device that has a USB Port or the iPod dock. I still get the very low battery life, with maybe a few extra minutes from charging it on the dock over a computer or other electronic device.

Don'tcha love Apple? :lol:

Just take it into the Apple store. They're so locked down that we couldn't tell you to do much else than you already have.
 
Don'tcha love Apple? :lol:

Just take it into the Apple store. They're so locked down that we couldn't tell you to do much else than you already have.

I love apple...s... >.>

Aren't they going to charge me like $50 to do anything to it? >.>
 
if its still under warrenty no, but even then its kinda iffy, they replace a broken button on my older 2g out of warrenty for free at the apple store took like 30 min lol, and depending on the generation of ipod u can change the battery just depends on ur level of sodering lol
 
hey cool thread :)

Cell Phone Make and Model:
LG Xenon
How long have you had the phone:
maybe 6 months? Not sure, I had it replaced, twice.
What carrier do you have:
AT&T
What's your issue:
When I touch the bottom of the screen everything turns white-ish and the screen starts flickering
When did it start:
about a month ago
What other problems did you notice before the main problem occurred:
When I got it it would flash before I got a text, also it took me to a screen with no content on it after sending a text. I had to lock/unlock the keyboard to get out of that.
What symptoms was your device experiencing:
Not sure what else to say here
What troubleshooting have you done already:
Err.... I tried turning it off? lol
Additional Info:
none that I can think of.

Thanks again!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top