New Insurgency Server Map Rotation

Jason

EGO Zealot
Joined
Jan 2, 2010
Messages
1,591
We are getting A new Insurgency server and I need you guys to
Please suggest maps that you would like to see in the new server rotation.
Please also ask the pubs what they think
We want the #2 Ins server because we have #1 Firefight and #3 dust 2.
We are not changing firefight server or Dust 2
The New server will be 6 Maps
Please suggest Six Ideas



I was speaking with Hardcell (the guy that makes all the really cool custom Insurgency maps) and he was telling me that eGO should use some of his maps such as trenches 10, Vietnam,.....he even made a post on the old ins website about it http://forums.insmod.org/index.php?showtopic=21967

I know we always have lot's of issues with custom maps but I think we should give some of his maps a try because he is one of the most dedicated still working on Insurgency. Here is a few of his maps.

This is Vietnam
insvietnamrc10001.jpg

insvietnamrc10004.jpg


This is Trenchfoot
instrenchfootb1.jpg

instrenchfootpic2.jpg


This is Rainforest
rain310.jpg

rainfo10.jpg


Overviews of Stock Insurgency Maps Click to enlarge















Thanks to Kyuki Here are the links to all the Insurgency maps. Just download what you think you might like to be on the server and look around and suggest something we need everyones input so this goes perfect!

http://edgegamers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=147982&highlight=insurgency+maps
The current maps that I have downloaded are available for download, custom or stock:
(If you have other maps that are not listed please send them via pm and I'll post their upload link)

Goatfarm (9.21mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?2z570lyw35n7t7p

ins_aBW_softcity4 (6.12)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?31h9zzp3s2wtp88

ins_aBW_softterrain8 (6.71)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?cantzdkgqcvdue3

ins_amarah (34.04mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?njq2e1ttfqw9n1w

ins_balkh_pr1 (20.24mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?3kc1vf6bm0mzpsz

ins_baqubah3_b2 (10.47mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?fk05v3fcbh8bsql

ins_bridge_b1 (35.68mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ad5cm98sg2u2w6k

ins_bunker_b2a (9mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?jiihuszaufuibz0

ins_container_rc1 (5.5mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?0ctqbjtasir6kn9

ins_desert_glory (13.64mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?0kt6o4ybi79yf1m

ins_darhma_b1 (20.78mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?en4j4oc52nx821n

ins_diyala_rc1 (14.21mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?2cwdowdt3y235ks

ins_durkastan_beta6 (13.7)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?4uh1y1rd9iqjqdq

ins_dust_r11 (79.58mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?qiy94zfs2dx03lz

ins_ev_duckhunt (384.08kb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?cpqghiui2sci40r

ins_farah3 (8.86mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?h9lzo07kmh2dl0n

ins_firingrange_b1 (578.58kb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ojjuh5zks5g1sxn

ins_helmand_rc4 (20.05mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ojjuh5zks5g1sxn

ins_karbala_b4 (22.3)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?jo90s8nbc9ggo5e

ins_kunduz8 (15.77mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?gs6s8yjql5lpmpn

ins_office2 (6.51mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?m6r34674kwatxah

ins_park_terminal_b2 (7.06mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?xpv7fj5u7k1x99x

ins_parun_rc4 (33.01mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?c4cdpc8ik5dyuyh

ins_rainforest_b7 (3.9mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ts4gmka24bky4jv

ins_shipment (372.93kb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?075mpw0da79rhni

ins_shootinggallery_a1 (400.94kb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ix1uges1n5qf9ku

ins_shulah (25.28mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?dcyy5r4c3q4gy7t

ins_sinjar_night_b3 (101.5mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?44sw7s03oe78a2x

ins_soccerfield_b3b (3.8mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?owq01xd0a831jjc

ins_srilanka_rc1 (57.23mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?du9f3b8ptbmqki6

ins_sandstorm_rc2 (7.45mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?cantzdkgqcvdue3

ins_subway_b3 (55.16mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?056hchpop3v1w0i

ins_sunrise_v2a2 (8.57mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?rocdmcg6ea67pda

ins_sweet_b2 (2.68mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?svwvb6cl93c4li7

ins_training_sniper_b1 (1.35mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?pv1otczikp3ueuk

ins_trenches10 (20.16mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?y8qjjwv85h04b2p

ins_tunnelratt_v4 (4.99mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?8ufwsx6rd6c2w6w

ins_vietnam_rc1 (7.27mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?nz2y3ox22eh2ron

ins_wasteland (5.79)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?4uh1y1rd9iqjqdq

ins_wilderness_b6 (3.48mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?g1dl34pin9ceyff

ins_zgoda_beta2rc2 (76.59mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ql663p8kws17jgj

softforest4 (7.8mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?nz7nyghe12nsykx

test_range (9.51mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?3253ecgve2col68

unlimited_dust4 (11.8mb)
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/?f32bt1wofs4a9im

Total of maps ready for download: 48 (5 new)

Complete list from my maps folder. Want some added? PM me.
 
Last edited:
Dust R 11 is such a massive map we might not do it because of the download time. i suggest we test run it on the new server to see it VS the other map.
 
Haditha. must. have. haditha. maybe even ramadi, but MUST have haditha in the rotation.
 
Dust R 11 would be nice, its a big file size, but it's one time download for a 24/7 server..

But let gets back to the subject though guys :)
 
Dust R 11 is such a massive map we might not do it because of the download time. i suggest we test run it on the new server to see it VS the other map.

Plus, the server that does run R11 does not get nearly as much traffic as the =(eGO)= and =MN= servers that run R10. The pubs don't care for it. Further, there are issues such as, if, in sudden death there happens to be an afk in Marines. There is no way to kill them inside the spawn. So an admin would have to be there AT ALL TIMES. Which is not likely to happen 24/7.

Dust R 11 would be nice, its a big file size, but it's one time download for a 24/7 server..

But let gets back to the subject though guys :)

Sorry, back on topic. ;)

I'm gonna throw one of the most under-played maps into the mix. Hillah! :D:D:D
 
The new server is going to be a rotation server not a 24/7 server unless you guys think a 24/7 server is better than a rotation? I prefer a rotation.

Dust r11 was in a rotation maybe we wouldn't have to worry about it getting stuck maybe it only happens if it's on a 24/7 rotation not sure. Has anyone contacted the guy who made the map to ask him for help with whatever the problem is?

Haditha is a awesome map but it's already on the firefight server but since it's so awesome maybe Haditha Night!

Desperadoes is a Bit small but I like it the map I just wish it had 2 spawn points.

+1 Hillah is a great map
 
Lets do it

I say go for it.

Insurgency needs something new for once. Lets go with these cool new maps. The Vietnam map looks pretty chill, so does Haditha.

Why would should we not try this?
 
Maybe we could do a custom dust rotation. Then one custom map rotation, then a stock map.
 
Last edited:
Please suggest maps guys!!!
I will make a map vote poll after we get a good amount of suggestions.
 
I LOVE your forest map suggestions man, we should make the new server a forest themed server ;). Love the trench idea as well this brings a new feel to the game.
 
Hey guys ledzo suggested this maps for the new server

Tactcal Server:
Al HIllah;Ramadi;Haditha;Office2;Abdallah;Almaden;Ins Park Terminal;Baghdad;
 
id defo be down for a tatical map. it will satisfy most pistol/shottie people and keep the ak/m4 people happy as well.
 
Nice to see you have joined eGO ULTRA.tor
I like small tactical maps as well which one's would you suggest such as ramadi, abdalha?
 
Project reality servers are not possible. Due to the BF2 server client not being optimized one BF2 server for 50 players, would equal are 5, 32 man INS servers.
 
Project reality servers are not possible. Due to the BF2 server client not being optimized one BF2 server for 50 players, would equal are 5, 32 man INS servers.

Ah, thanks. Didn't know, but now I'm sad.

Also, Ledzo's rotation sounds good, I second it.
 
I think the server should just have custom made maps only, since the firefight server has most of the default maps already in place, I think the server would require maps that we've ported and made from eGO member's, like zeaks, Mildhotsauce, acidgreen, and my ported maps that we've done and yet more to come! And if people really see what eGO can do with events and maps, its like recruiting without saying anything to the recruit. But thats kyuki's and my idea put together.
 
Last edited:
NO Karam!!! its totally over played and it needs a Break! hahah..

I am totally for Custom maps! Long or short downloads, Its always giong to bring More and NEW people in! and the more custom maps the better Movies we can make and post on YouTube to Attract More players!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top