Recruiting Efforts Thus Far

Blue Stealth

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Jun 21, 2008
Messages
6,201
Hey guys,

I would just like to say that those who are recruiting for our division are doing a fantastic job. There are about 10 people who are putting a great amount of effort into recruiting and it has brought us out of the stagnant recruiting situation we were in back in September.

I am always working to gather more prizes for those who recruit for us, so if you guys have any ideas or donations please send a PM my way.

On another, while we are doing great in recruiting new members I feel we would be benefited from more people helping out. If we rely on only a handful of people to recruit for us each month those people will be burned out from doing everyone else's share of the work.

So if you have not been recruiting, next time you join one of our servers just give it a try. I am not asking for tons of recruits from each person. In fact, if each person reading this aims for 5 recruits a month, we will be much better off. Heck, we dont even need 5 from each person. If each one of us made the effort to recruit one or two people a month that would bring in hundreds of people a month.

For all you guys who enjoy this community so much, its time to give back a little. And the little bit that I am asking of you is hardly anything at all. If you have questions feel free to ask me. Again guys, keep up the good work, your efforts are not going unnoticed.

remember to post any recruits you get here

and to sign up for the recruiting group here

-Blue
 
Last edited:
Nice post Blue, everyone get out there and try recruiting. If you need help with anything you can add me on steam Here.
 
I try <_< No one responds :D

I find that if you can get their attention without them knowing you want to recruit them, thats the perfect time to ask.

For example, do not start out by saying "hey so and so, would you like to join eGO?". Instead, start out by saying "hey so and so, are you there buddy?" if he responds, ask him if he wants to join. That way they cant pretend to not see the text.

Usually people dont respond not because they are against joining, but because they are not used to having real conversation in online games.

-Blue
 
Great job Blue and all you recruiters. Eric, you have been doing an excellent job.
 
I find that if you can get their attention without them knowing you want to recruit them, thats the perfect time to ask.

For example, do not start out by saying "hey so and so, would you like to join eGO?". Instead, start out by saying "hey so and so, are you there buddy?" if he responds, ask him if he wants to join. That way they cant pretend to not see the text.

Usually people dont respond not because they are against joining, but because they are not used to having real conversation in online games.

-Blue
Well for the longest time I would do in-game chat.. then I stepped it up a little and started adding them to Steam and attempting a conversation.

See how they're doing first off to get things flowing. Ask how they like the servers. Then get into attempting to recruit them.

A couple of them I managed to sway after they said 'dont have time' or things like that :D Most just ignore me though :(
 
Well I've only recruited 10 people altogether, and that was from multiple divisions. I'll try to step up all my efforts for recruiting, especially in DOD
 
Well for the longest time I would do in-game chat.. then I stepped it up a little and started adding them to Steam and attempting a conversation.

See how they're doing first off to get things flowing. Ask how they like the servers. Then get into attempting to recruit them.

A couple of them I managed to sway after they said 'dont have time' or things like that :D Most just ignore me though :(

You wouldn't want them anyways if they didnt have time and stay inactive :)

Check their gqming times
 
I'm still at the magic 0 but i think once you get the hang of it, it should get easier and easier!
 
I'm still at the magic 0 but i think once you get the hang of it, it should get easier and easier!

No worries,

try and get someones attention or add them on steam. Start a friendly conversation with them and ask them if they're interested in joining eGO.
 
Hey there,
The way I look at it is if you just start a conversation with a pub, it ends in your favour compared to just asking them to join right away. Get to know them a little bit, play with them, then pop the question :)

I would help recruit but real life is stepping in the way of my activity right now.

I wish you all the best :)
 
a tip for recruiters

Just thought I'd throw this out there...
I recently got back into playing DoD: S (seems to be a seasonal thing for me). And I found the eGO servers to be the place to be...and after playing them for a few weeks, finally decided to join eGO. Seems like plenty of members are putting the message out there (asking people if any want to join while playing on the servers) but there is no follow thru....I am pretty sure on 3 or 4 different occasions I said I wanted to join after the offer was thrown out there, and never really got any response (maybe the original person was too busy trying to score some kills or something, not sure). So finally I just decided to google EdgeGamers and go from there.

So, if you are actively trying to recruit on a server, maybe try holding their hand a little more after they express interest in joining.

That being said...nice to finally be a member. See you on the servers (probably Flash).
 
Once I get everything settled, I'll be back and help everyone who needs some pointers and advice (:
 
Back
Top