Server not responding

SgtBeavis

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
May 15, 2010
Messages
2,101
I started having this problem with nearly every steam game I own yesterday it started with TF2 couldn't connect to any server and I got server not responding so I tried another same thing went to play INS same thing tried to move to RnL same thing FA:S I got in but had major lag over 900 but I could connect to the DoD:S server I uninstalled steam and re-installed and now it let me connect to INS Dust 2 server this morning I connected to Dust played for a bit and wanted to play some TF2 tried server not responding tried DoD:S and none of the servers even showed up but 3 that were non eGO servers I was wondering if someone had a fix for this?
 
yes every single one of them and they have all played fine until recently
 
I have the same problem, make sure all the needed are forwarded, if you are using a router.
 
Try Verifying Game Cache under properties. If that doesn't work, you can try deleting clientregistry.blob and updating.

It could be your internet connection, rather than your client. If that's the case you'll want to check and see if you need to forward some ports or check and see if a firewall is blocking the game.
 
Try Verifying Game Cache under properties. If that doesn't work, you can try deleting clientregistry.blob and updating.

It could be your internet connection, rather than your client. If that's the case you'll want to check and see if you need to forward some ports or check and see if a firewall is blocking the game.

tried both already still same thing and idk why it would be my internet they've all worked fine until now
 
By the same token, why would your client suddenly decide to stop working if its been working up until now? I would at least check the firewall. For all you know, you've had it disabled and after an update it turned itself back on.
 
firewall has always been on when I play I allowed the games to go through this is strange
 
Guys its not his firewall, if it is his firewall, its the worst firewall I have ever seen because it intermittently lets him connect to some servers.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top