Portal Speed Run 9 minutes 25 seconds, gets cake, doesn't kill companion cube...

Carmine

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Oct 15, 2007
Messages
2,924
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1U5RUVENNE[/ame]

Final test is like... What just happened?
 
Mario's secret is out... backwards butt sliding makes the impossible possible
 
so how many glitches did he do in that first video?

Time doesn't count if you have to glitch imo.

I just want some damn cake.
 
so how many glitches did he do in that first video?
<insert DBZ meme>

as for glitches... I dont see anything wrong. I mean no one person exclusively can use them.Most speed run times for older games exploit every glitch in the book (SM64 for instance). Many glitches to preform them in a timely manner takes a great bit of skill. Speed running is about completing the objective as quickly as possible IMO. As long as there are no third party programs running it seems ok to me.

However if valve patches any of these glitches then I would void his record b/c then not everyone could use them.
 
<insert DBZ meme>

as for glitches... I dont see anything wrong. I mean no one person exclusively can use them.Most speed run times for older games exploit every glitch in the book (SM64 for instance). Many glitches to preform them in a timely manner takes a great bit of skill. Speed running is about completing the objective as quickly as possible IMO. As long as there are no third party programs running it seems ok to me.

However if valve patches any of these glitches then I would void his record b/c then not everyone could use them.

fair enough. I still think if you're going to post a vid showing of your speed of completing the game, leaving glitches out would be the way. I do understand using them to see the FASTEST way it can be completed though, so ya.


I'M STILL WAITING ON MY CAKE!!!
 
It took me 9 mins just to figure out what I was doing lol.
 
I'd be more interested seeing him run through it without skipping loading screens and in one run, not splitting it.
 
Back
Top