BSOD Assistance

thebigrobbyrob

Forum Fiend
Joined
Aug 7, 2010
Messages
618
Hi everyone. I though i would get some inputs on some crashes I have been having recently. Here is what I know so far:

  1. The crashes are experienced at random intervals (somtimes im in a game, somtimes my computer has been idle)
  2. The BC code is usually 50 but I have gotten 'a's and 'd1's
  3. after looking about 10 of the minidumps i have kept over the past 6 months, i have found that the error has been associated with the NTOSKRNL.exe (most of the time)
  4. after futher analysis, windbg could not identify a faulty driver and the crash occurs with different processes ....
  5. Thinking it could be RAM related, i run Memtest86+ and the runs are sucessful (but it does not always rule out RAM).
  6. I still havent tried driver verifier but with windbg not identifying a culprit, I dont know where to start....

I kinda think it could be my RAM since ASUS boards are kinda picky and my ram is not on the "mobo hardware list" but im reluctant to go and get new RAM....

Maybe someone can help shed some light on somthing I may not have tried/ looked at yet. If you need more info, ill glady provide it (i only hit a few hilights here). I feel like im too close to this project and need some outside assistance.
 
I think for now I am going to tweak my RAM timings. They are (well, were) a bit aggressive and that could be causing the BSODs.
 
yah I would also be concerned with the RAM. Have you tried reseating, trying 1 module at a time, etc? How long have you been having BSOD's? Have you tried flashing the BIOS with an updated version? You could also run the computer until the BSOD, turn it off, and feel how warm each RAM strip is. If you notice any of them warmer than they should be (or warmer than the other strips) it could be damage piling up from a heat problem.

-Blue
 

Latest posts

Back
Top