You know you wish you were me...

reflex99

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Dec 18, 2008
Messages
4,044
dsc02198t.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQd6FUEhux8[/ame]

(sandy bridge motherboard for those uninformed)

My fry's doesn't understand what an NDA is.

Now i am trying to secure an i5 2500K before release
 
Last edited:
& u didnt take a pic of opening it, whats wrong w/ u?? (j/k)
 
Come on, you're a folder! You need to get a 2600K so you can run -bigadv on that baby!
 
lol 1155 is only low end socket, waiting for 2012 Haswell/Rockwell when 8 core are non-extreme.
 
lol 1155 is only low end socket, waiting for 2012 Haswell/Rockwell when 8 core are non-extreme.

I wouldn't exactly call a 2600K low end....


I upgrade pretty much whenever a new socket comes out.

So i wouldn't be surprised if i invest in socket 2011
 
Meh I hate the fact Intel keeps on releasing sockets, so no more builds until 2012 at a minimum, plus my i7 rig is way overkill for gaming..

I mean I don't see the point of investing in another socket if it's the replacement is already due, though don't know much after Rockwell (just a die shrink of Haswell to 16 nm and not much smaller we can get) then we'll just be going to more cores/threads..
 
I wonder how well a CPU that is just a single core, but is like fiber optic fast, would compare to current CPUs. >.>
 
Meh I hate the fact Intel keeps on releasing sockets, so no more builds until 2012 at a minimum, plus my i7 rig is way overkill for gaming..

I mean I don't see the point of investing in another socket if it's the replacement is already due, though don't know much after Rockwell (just a die shrink of Haswell to 16 nm and not much smaller we can get) then we'll just be going to more cores/threads..

overkill like your PSU! I am seeing a theme here.
 
Yea, I'm keeping my processor (unless something weird happens) till 2013ish... rockwell will be schweet.
 
overkill like your PSU! I am seeing a theme here.

Well you say overkill, but I was looking at an HX series Corsair, like the 750-850 watt. But they were into the 170-180 range, and Cooler Master had the 1000 watt modular PSU for 150. The reviews were very good, and 80 amps single 12v rail and modular for 150? Win. AND again, I buy the best value for the money. I got a 750 watt PC Power and Cooling quad red last summer for 60 after MIR...lol

Also my i7 rig wasn't much "investment", my 970 was purchased through Intel Retail Edge for 215 plus tax and shipping. And I got my i7 940 during last summer's big deal for 160 after tax and shipping. Only thing was really the UD5 and the Dominator memory..
 
Well you say overkill, but I was looking at an HX series Corsair, like the 750-850 watt. But they were into the 170-180 range, and Cooler Master had the 1000 watt modular PSU for 150. The reviews were very good, and 80 amps single 12v rail and modular for 150? Win. AND again, I buy the best value for the money. I got a 750 watt PC Power and Cooling quad red last summer for 60 after MIR...lol

Also my i7 rig wasn't much "investment", my 970 was purchased through Intel Retail Edge for 215 plus tax and shipping. And I got my i7 940 during last summer's big deal for 160 after tax and shipping. Only thing was really the UD5 and the Dominator memory..

Can't beat my Tuniq 1000w for $70 after MIR for a limited time :P

But the 8 pin mobo connector is a little too short that i can't route it through the cable management and its not modular so im stuck hiding away a ton of cables lol
 
Can't beat my Tuniq 1000w for $70 after MIR for a limited time :P

But the 8 pin mobo connector is a little too short that i can't route it through the cable management and its not modular so im stuck hiding away a ton of cables lol

Meh, I don't like PSUs with multiple 12v rails, doesn't deliver the cleanest power vs a PSU with a single 12v rail.

And you see your kilowatt PSU wasn't without compromise, my 8 pin plus my 4+4 pin have good length and my PSU is modular. And did you mean CPU power connector?
 
Meh, I don't like PSUs with multiple 12v rails, doesn't deliver the cleanest power vs a PSU with a single 12v rail.

And you see your kilowatt PSU wasn't without compromise, my 8 pin plus my 4+4 pin have good length and my PSU is modular. And did you mean CPU power connector?

In what year?

Maybe in 2005 multi rail PSUs had this problem, but it is no longer an issue.
 

Similar threads

Latest posts

Back
Top