What in the world is going on?!

I love WWII history! Like Fabbrini, lots of other time periods, while interesting, do not hold the same facination that WWII does. My grandfather fought in the US Army Air Corps as a nose gunner in a B-24. I think that hearing about that and what he did is what first got me interested in WWII. That was about 10 years ago! Since then, every paper I have done has been on some aspect of WWII and I love just sitting down and reading a good book about what has been aptly described as the "greatest generation!"

Go for it YSD! I know I will enjoy reading whatever you put up.

Wow, thats the same for me. I had a Grandfather who was a pilot in a b-24. He always wanted to be a pilot, he grew up poor and the military was the best option for him to get a education. As he said, "being a pilot was the only way for a poor boy like me to fly." And from what I've heard he was a damn good pilot. But sadly, he died at 56 of a heart attack during the middle of the night, never even smoked a cigarette. Me studying WWII is a way for me to learn about my Grandfather and connect with him even though I never met him. Thats why out of all of history, WWII holds the most fascination for me.
 
chili dude 96, Thats awesome! My grandfather died when I was 4 so I never really got to know him either. I totally know what you are saying when leaning about WWII is a way for you to connect with him! Very cool!
 
Wow, thats the same for me. I had a Grandfather who was a pilot in a b-24. He always wanted to be a pilot, he grew up poor and the military was the best option for him to get a education. As he said, "being a pilot was the only way for a poor boy like me to fly." And from what I've heard he was a damn good pilot. But sadly, he died at 56 of a heart attack during the middle of the night, never even smoked a cigarette. Me studying WWII is a way for me to learn about my Grandfather and connect with him even though I never met him. Thats why out of all of history, WWII holds the most fascination for me.

You joining the air force?

My family has a record with the Navy.
 
Back
Top