Some unsettling new years news...

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishman14

Poster
Joined
Jan 1, 2010
Messages
192
Wow! A whole year (365 days!) As an edge gamer! Unsettling news will come a little later.... I'd like to thank all whole I "Barrow points" from :) . As well as just a huge thanks to anyone who has helped me make this gaming communtity more enjoyable (Whether its just more enjoible for me or everyone ;) ) Its been a long journey for me in learning and enjoying games we all love to play!

On a more unsettling news. I will be quitting edgegamers. We often throw around the saying " Its not you its me" And clearly right now it is! I'd love to stay but have other prioritys. I feel that Ego will always be a "home" for me and wish i willl still be accepted. I've spent the last week contemplating this move and decided it was best for the time being. Im not one who is going to become a "hater" For again, This still feels like a home to me. I may consider joining this great community again in the future. But now im frusterated with promos and none the less need to just relax and worrie less about meetings or making the next realizm night... But as of now, I leave you with one of my favorite quote...

?Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.? -Henry Ford
 
Well, for me, eGO is a communitory where any member of any rank can have fun. When I joined eGO I did so because I thought the privilege of attending realism and events throughout the week would be fun, and it is! I joined and stayed because I enjoyed the friends I made and the people I met, it has and will remain one of the greatest parts of this family community. When I was still an e, and still an eG, i never did what I did, or played the way I did to get promoted, I did so because I felt it was the right thing to do, to help maintain the servers, the community and the image of eGO. I love these servers and do what I can to help them, it is a privilege that leadership thought that my actions warranted a promotion, as they believe with every promotion they make, but, what I am trying to say is, that it should not be the GOAL of members to get promoted, it should be to have fun and to enjoy the community.

If you are stressed because of promotions, and are stressed because you are unable to attended all the events and realism nights, then just dont go. I attend realism and events when I have the time in RL and when I want, which if fairly often, but, they are not manditory. It is possible to miss them here or there, free of care!

I am not necessarily trying to talk you out of your well-thought choice, just to let you know that it is possible to remain in eGO and still have fun without worrying about such things.
 
I am going to completely second what superglue said. some times, RL has to take priority over this. I had to take a break for a very long time due to college and work, but eGO has always been more than happy to just have me when they can.
 
And i disagree completly. No offense but ive worked very hard and feel i have very little to show for it.
 
Quitting is your choice, however, it does look bad if you quit over promotions. Everyone shall get their turn as leadership feels they deserve it.
 
Hey Fish, Im going to be blunt and say I think you're making a mistake; you clearly state you love eGO and if you're leaving because you're upset because you werent promoted, worried about missing meeting and/or Realism then you're leaving for the wrong reason

Being promoted isnt something you should strive for; I mean as an e I did the same thing and I also contemplated leaving but when I met Goomba he kept me in, he showed me the ropes. Now that Im an O, it really isnt all its cracked up to be. Sure, we get a fancy chat that we can talk in, but you're not missing much, its normally us just saying "Okay Ive got this guy" or "You can have this." As an e I never had to worry about watching everyone, I just had to focus on myself. So dont TRY to GET promoted, just wait it out, let it happen.

As for missing Meeting and Realism; these arent important, leadership isnt going to take note of you missing a meeting and say "NO YOU'LL NEVER GET FURTHER IN THIS CLAN." I didnt start attending meetings until AFTER I got my G. I still miss them; and they're always recorded so you can get them afterwards it just happens. As for missing Realisms I always miss one or two during the Campaigns; those arent critical to being in eGO, they're just for fun.

I truely hope you reconsider leaving and staying in this wonderful Organization so one day when you're an eGO and you see an e leaving for reasons that dont make a lot of sense, you can talk them out of it too.
 
I am often told this...and its not just the promo. I was told by a friend to include it for it isnt the "Big reason" I was offerd to join another clan and felt it was best.

*Note that i have been here longer than MANY admin.
 
Regardless of what anyone else says, you have to do what you feel is right for you. Just always remember we will still be here when you are ready to come back. Peace.
 
Leaving to go to another clan is different Fish; and I hope your gaming goes well there and I hope to still see you on our servers.
 
Hey Fish, Im going to be blunt and say I think you're making a mistake; you clearly state you love eGO and if you're leaving because you're upset because you werent promoted, worried about missing meeting and/or Realism then you're leaving for the wrong reason

Being promoted isnt something you should strive for; I mean as an e I did the same thing and I also contemplated leaving but when I met Goomba he kept me in, he showed me the ropes. Now that Im an O, it really isnt all its cracked up to be. Sure, we get a fancy chat that we can talk in, but you're not missing much, its normally us just saying "Okay Ive got this guy" or "You can have this." As an e I never had to worry about watching everyone, I just had to focus on myself. So dont TRY to GET promoted, just wait it out, let it happen.

As for missing Meeting and Realism; these arent important, leadership isnt going to take note of you missing a meeting and say "NO YOU'LL NEVER GET FURTHER IN THIS CLAN." I didnt start attending meetings until AFTER I got my G. I still miss them; and they're always recorded so you can get them afterwards it just happens. As for missing Realisms I always miss one or two during the Campaigns; those arent critical to being in eGO, they're just for fun.

I truely hope you reconsider leaving and staying in this wonderful Organization so one day when you're an eGO and you see an e leaving for reasons that dont make a lot of sense, you can talk them out of it too.



Meetings? We have meetings?!? Seriously though, it's all about good intentions and playing respectfully. I played with an e that has been with eGO for about 4 years, literally. He has always followed all the guidelines and encouraged everything that an eGO player should be. I recommended him for promotion just this week.

Just stay with eGO and and have fun!
 
Fishman I thought we understood one another and you never discussed this with me, we were like brothers and we talked of many things , If you feel you must go then good luck to you but remember I and all the other guys will be here for you when you return, there will be no shame when you come back so you can hold your head up high, see you later buddy, all the best.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top