Looking at a new mouse

Ph?bus

EGO Is My Life!
Joined
Jul 2, 2009
Messages
4,155
I have somewhat of a claw grip, so I hate mice like the Death Adder. I have used the NZXT Avatar, which was very good for how I hold my mice, but I'm just borrowing that mouse. lol.
I've seen reviews and unboxings of the RAT series of mice (yes, I know MadCats makes them, I don't care), and I was looking at the RAT3 (I wouldn't want to spend too much more than $50 on a mouse (ironic)), so the RAT5/7 is out of the question.

tl;dr Wanting opinions on claw-grip style mice.
 
G9x $60 brand new on amazon

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Programmable-Laser-Gaming-Precision/dp/B001NTFATI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294003451&sr=8-1[/ame]

go pick one up before the sales gone

or if you look at the used ones on amazon, about $44 shipped. The company selling it at that price says its just OEM so im guessing no weights or anything.

But the $60 from amazon new is a helluva deal
 
I dunno. I just don't like the look of that mouse. It looks so... bleh. :/
 
I have a G9x i think its fantastic. Mine doesn't look like that. Its all dark and i have not had any issues with it.
 
I have a G9x i think its fantastic. Mine doesn't look like that. Its all dark and i have not had any issues with it.

It looks so stubby.
How does it feel in your palm? How much upper palm is being used in holding it? How much lower palm? lol.
 
It looks so stubby.
How does it feel in your palm? How much upper palm is being used in holding it? How much lower palm? lol.

you get used to it. If anything, you can always change the grip plate to the larger one so it feels more in your hand etc...i guess
 
RAT 5 is $50 on amazon.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Cyborg-R-T-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B003DKJ44C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1294031239&sr=8-2[/ame]

just look on the right side and look for amazon as the seller. $50 free shipping
 
I'm thinking about getting the RAT3. Don't you have a RAT7? How is it?

I have the RAT 9, which is a wireless version of the RAT 7.

From my understanding the RAT 3/5 differ in that they are lower dpi and they are less customizable. You can change out the pinky rest and palm rest with the RAT 7, 9 but not with the 3/5.

The RAT 3 is not quite as adjustable as the RAT 5 or 7, but the thumb rest is by far the best part of the RAT mouse line. And the RAT 3 has the thumb rest. If I had the RAT 3 the only part I would not like would be the palm rest. I took out the plastic topped one on mine and replaced it with a rubber-gripped one so my hand wouldn't slip around as much. But if you aren't into competitive FPS play I don't think it would matter much.

Overall I prefer my RAT 9 hands down over my Razer Lechesis, and slightly over my Razer Diamondback.

-Blue
 
lower palm dips for me. upper palm covers the butt. i personally think it feels good in my palm. but... im not really that picky
 
I have decided to go with the RAT3. It's cheapest. I'd like to have money left over for Sandy Bridge.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top