- Joined
- Dec 31, 2010
- Messages
- 114
Well hello there, dear reader.
I'm having a problem with one of my harddrives on my laptop.
I have 2x 500 GB harddrives, and lately the 2. harddrive has been a bit troublesome.
Sometimes the laptop makes a lot of screeching noises, and a lot of times the harddrive doesn't come up in My Computer and i can't access anything on it.
(Like if you would dismount a memory card)
Now, when i hit my laptop(Yes, i raged quite a bit), it worked again!(With ALOT of screeching noises)
Now, not even hitting on it works to get the harddrive working again.
Also, i remember about a month earlier Windows(I'm using 7) telling me that it had problems reading the harddrive. So i ran some checks it suggested, and it told me everything was okay.
What i think has happened is that the harddrive has perhaps slipped a bit out of place inside the laptop, so its not really connected anymore.
Either that, or its defect.
Can anyone help me with this?
It's on an Acer Aspire 7738G.
I would be deeply grateful to anyone helping me on this issue.
(Btw, im quite computer litterate, but NOT with components)
I'm having a problem with one of my harddrives on my laptop.
I have 2x 500 GB harddrives, and lately the 2. harddrive has been a bit troublesome.
Sometimes the laptop makes a lot of screeching noises, and a lot of times the harddrive doesn't come up in My Computer and i can't access anything on it.
(Like if you would dismount a memory card)
Now, when i hit my laptop(Yes, i raged quite a bit), it worked again!(With ALOT of screeching noises)
Now, not even hitting on it works to get the harddrive working again.
Also, i remember about a month earlier Windows(I'm using 7) telling me that it had problems reading the harddrive. So i ran some checks it suggested, and it told me everything was okay.
What i think has happened is that the harddrive has perhaps slipped a bit out of place inside the laptop, so its not really connected anymore.
Either that, or its defect.
Can anyone help me with this?
It's on an Acer Aspire 7738G.
I would be deeply grateful to anyone helping me on this issue.
(Btw, im quite computer litterate, but NOT with components)














