Source Games Crashing

[HoneyChicken]

Forum Fiend
Joined
Feb 27, 2010
Messages
704
Both CS:S and TF2 have been crashing recently within 15 minutes of gameplay, and I have NO idea what it is. And it's really, really really annoying. Ric helped me not too long ago and that seemed to be the cure, but it's just come back, and it's worse. I have no idea what to try. I've defragged, verified the integrity of the game cache, and even reinstalled ALL of Steam itself. :facewall: Any help will be greatly appreciated.
 
Problem handled over STEAM. :)
The error was due to an access violation.
Come see us for future problems.
 
Try going into Steam, Frinds and set your self to offline. It worked for Me.
 
Thanks for the tip BigBas, but the problem was already resolved. If necessary, I'll make another thread if another problem occurs, thanks Ric!
Please lock this thread.
 
Please dont lock the thread until the resolution has been explained. It would help us greatly to explain how this issue was resolved.
 
Please dont lock the thread until the resolution has been explained. It would help us greatly to explain how this issue was resolved.

Problem handled over STEAM. :)
The error was due to an access violation.
Come see us for future problems.

I doubt anyone is going to lock this thread.

But, in detail:
TF2 and CS:S were malfunctioning and crashing. Upon investigation of the event viewer, I was informed of a specific error code. The error code translated to an access violation between the games and his video card. The video card had to be re-seated to update the I/O value of the card in Windows.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top