I'm thinking about building a new rig. I have held on to my x6800 to long and it's time to turn that comp into a arm rest.
It will mainly be used for gaming, with the occasional checking of the email...
here is what I'm looking at so far. All the feedback and opinions are wanted!!!!
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
ASUS Maximus III Formula LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard
CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133
MSI N460GTX CYCLONE 1GD5/OC GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
I will also be looking for a nice case, heat sink, and power supply.
I chose that i5 because it was rated well for the money compared to the more expensive ones. The GPU because I like the 460's. The ram because I have always used Corsair.
I am also thinking about a 2nd 460, but not sure.
FEEDBACK and "ARE YOU CRAZY!!!!!" comments welcome.
SB should be re-released withing the coming months, and as for a GPU, the clocks and capabilities of the 560's have been quite good, as well the cost factor too.
GTX 570 is in the $350 range
if u get an i7, don't get the corsair ram. I had it, (3x2gig) and my system could only use 4. At the end, my 250 euro ram, got replaced by kingston. Same ammount, same specs, only it costed 69 euro's. Corsair for ram = boooo.
At the shop, they told me that sometimes, an i7 has a compatibility problem with corsair ram. Dunno why, just saying before u make mistake.
GPU: go for the 570 stated above. Seems a good gfx, if u like nvidia. And if u hate drivers crashing like my 5970.
I saw on the internet that the i7 is the same as the i3 in none cpu complex games. If you wanted to save some cash.
i have the HAF 932 case and love it. my only complaint about it is that i have 3 dogs and have to clean the inside of it once a month.

Wait, what is wrong with fanboyism if I have never had a problem with the brands? or did you mean something else.
I'm always scared to try ATI cards because of the driver troubles I always hear about.
Also another question. Why would I want to run 2 cards instead of 1. Would 2 slightly older beastly cards do anything more fancy than 1 new beastly card? Or would I just be doing it to heat my room and tell my friends.