Building a computer for the first time.

Zethron

Poster
Joined
Feb 8, 2011
Messages
146
I don't know anything about building a computer, so I came to ask you guys for help.

Over the next couple of months I want to save up my money to build a computer.

I would like a computer that can run any new games, like Crysis 2 and Bulletstorm.

I really don't know much about computers, but I would just like it to easily run new games.

I will probably have a budget up to 400 dollars.

I am sorry for not giving much information, but that is because I don't know much, so I would appreciate it if you can help me.

Thanks,

acefredfred
 
Yeah, honestly, if you're looking for a great gaming computer that can run Crysis 2 and other new games, you'll probably be looking at over $500, at least.
 
Last edited:
400 dollars is OK to work with if you're not expecting a high-end gaming PC.

Irregardless, Phobus has a building guide here.

He's probably the man to go to with questions.
Paging Dr. Phobus.

If Phobus doesn't respond, come find me in Ventrilo and I'll virtually build you a budget PC for around 400.
 
Last edited:
Well at first for me. (I Just built a computer for the first time like 2 weeks ago) For a good gaming computer that can run crysis 2 you will need to spend 500$ and up. The thing you wont want to skimp out on is a Graphics card, Power supply (Got mine on sale cooler master 500w for 30$) And a CPU. Try to go with an AMD. They are much cheaper then Intel and offer similar qualitys as the Intel. But intel has performance and long lasting on its side. While AMD just has Performance. I Mean with AMD you can get about 3+ years on one. But on intel its about 5+. But is it worth paying an extra 200$ for something that will just be more out-dated? idk. I Went with a cheap 60$ mobo And it works great for what my setup is. Also you want a great case. get something that has lots of air flow and a couple fans.
 
I don't know anything about building a computer, so I came to ask you guys for help.

Over the next couple of months I want to save up my money to build a computer.

I would like a computer that can run any new games, like Crysis 2 and Bulletstorm.

I really don't know much about computers, but I would just like it to easily run new games.

I will probably have a budget up to 400 dollars.

I am sorry for not giving much information, but that is because I don't know much, so I would appreciate it if you can help me.

Thanks,

acefredfred

A good place to learn which parts to pick would be this thread. It is a lot to read, and it isn't quite complete yet. I am doing a build tomorrow, and I will probably use it for the second part (actually showing how to build once you have the parts).

One thing I can tell you right now is to not buy over a long period of time. You'll be wasting money, because by the time you have all the parts, prices will change. I still wouldn't recommend doing a build, unless you absolutely have to, because Bulldozer is close to release, and that is going to change the market for sure.

I'd be glad to help you with any questions you have. One more thing, though. Save up a little more. Unless you already have a copy of Windows 7, having a $400 budget would get cut down to $300 right off the bat, which isn't much to work with at all. A good amount is $600 (minus the cost of Windows).

And I guess according to Ric, I have a Doctorate's in computer building. :P
 

Latest posts

Back
Top