- Joined
- Sep 3, 2008
- Messages
- 1,922
Hello. I am planning on upgrading my PC in the coming months - for future games specifically Battlefield 3. I have an upgrade budget of ~$400 max (preferably a little bit less). HDDs need not count right now.
My current computer:
Pentium Dual Core E6500 @ 2.93GHz
2GB RAM
1x ATI 5770 1GB
750W PSU
The only game I have that struggles on this build is Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Get an average of around 28FPS on the absolute lowest settings, on 1440x900 resolution (with microstuttering too, even with game config tweaks which has a negative effect on my performance).
Route 1: AMDxATI
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition (I don't plan on overclocking at all, but this seems to be a good processor in its price range).
4GB Ripjaw RAM
CrossfireX ready motherboard
1x ATI 5770 1GB (2x later down the road. I currently have one right now.)
750W PSU
Route 2: IntelxATI
Core i5 2500 (don't plan on overclocking at all)
4GB Ripjaw RAM
CrossfireX ready motherboard
1x ATI 5770 1GB (2x later down the road. I currently have one right now.)
750W PSU
I need help on which is the better route for the long run/money. I don't really want a new graphics card because I've read a bit that 2x ATI 5770 1GB in CrossfireX is pretty good. I will be playing my games on 1680x1050.
Please link me parts on Canadian computer sites such as newegg.ca
P.S. is the site http://www.game-debate.com/ any good? It ranks the AMD Phenom II X4 955 as a 6/10.
My current computer:
Pentium Dual Core E6500 @ 2.93GHz
2GB RAM
1x ATI 5770 1GB
750W PSU
The only game I have that struggles on this build is Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Get an average of around 28FPS on the absolute lowest settings, on 1440x900 resolution (with microstuttering too, even with game config tweaks which has a negative effect on my performance).
Route 1: AMDxATI
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition (I don't plan on overclocking at all, but this seems to be a good processor in its price range).
4GB Ripjaw RAM
CrossfireX ready motherboard
1x ATI 5770 1GB (2x later down the road. I currently have one right now.)
750W PSU
Route 2: IntelxATI
Core i5 2500 (don't plan on overclocking at all)
4GB Ripjaw RAM
CrossfireX ready motherboard
1x ATI 5770 1GB (2x later down the road. I currently have one right now.)
750W PSU
I need help on which is the better route for the long run/money. I don't really want a new graphics card because I've read a bit that 2x ATI 5770 1GB in CrossfireX is pretty good. I will be playing my games on 1680x1050.
Please link me parts on Canadian computer sites such as newegg.ca
P.S. is the site http://www.game-debate.com/ any good? It ranks the AMD Phenom II X4 955 as a 6/10.
Last edited:

















