Final build on the way!

HeadShot

EGO Zealot
Joined
Sep 26, 2007
Messages
1,685
Alrighty fellas, after I did some research I finally completed my parts list. Please take a look at it, and tell me if its compatible.

Also I might get either that Corsair 850 watt or a Thermaltake. Which brand do you guys prefer in terms of performance and reliability?

Here's my parts:


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
 
Last edited:
Alrighty fellas, after I did some research I finally completed my parts list. Please take a look at it, and tell me if its compatible.

Also I might get either that Corsair 850 watt or a Thermaltake. Which brand do you guys prefer in terms of performance and reliability?

Everything will work together just fine.

For PSU, just avoid Thermaltake. That Corsair is an excellent model. TXV2 is brand new Seasonic guts. Either way, it's complete overkill for your build. You won't be needing more than 450W unless you want to SLI later (which I don't think would be good with that board). Get a good PSU in the 450-550W range and use the cash to get a CPU cooler. That's assuming you're OCing (you got a 2500k so you better). Intel stock cooling = crap.
 
Yah im planning to SLI in the future. The board is no good for SLI? How so
 
Last edited:
Alrighty Im going to replace that Mobo, and see if I can find an SLI that Supports it. Im looking at Gigabyte right now..

As for that Power supply, its kinda pricey for 750 watts, I will think about it definitely.
 
Last edited:
That PSU. MMmm!! So awesome. If you can afford it, no second thoughts, get it. You will not regret it.
 
Some boards to consider (in your price range):

MSI GD55

ASRock extreme4

Biostar TP67XE

All of those are great choices, and are better than the P8P67. I personally owned the GD55, and it was a great board. I currently use a Biostar 890FX board, and it is great. The extreme4 offers many great features for it's price. All support SLI.
 
1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (single at x16)
1 x PCIe 2.0 x16* [Black] (max. at x4 mode)
*The PCIEX16_2 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX1_1 slot, PCIEX1_2 slot and USB3_34 connector. The PCIEX16_2 runs at x1 mode by default for system resource optimization.

That is part of the problem. It "has" two PCIe 2.0 x16 slots, but the second one has a max x4. I don't know how they can get away with that advertising, but whatever. I guess if it doesn't support SLI at all, it won't matter much.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131703&cm_re=p8p67-_-13-131-703-_-Product

That's another ASUS board that supports SLI. If you're running SLI, it'll be at x8/x8 which isn't optimal. Still, it's only off by some 5%. I'm currently running CF at x8/x8 and it's not bothering me.
 
Last edited:
I'm not so much aware of the technical aspects, but may I suggest going with a 1TB HDD for the extra like 10$. And if there is still room in your budget an i7 can be very powerful.
 
go for the samsung sping point 1tb hdd it destroys the western digital black calvier. and u do not need an 850w psu go for an 700w antec they r the best and get cheaper ram ram is the same go for the 2 2gb patiot ddr3 ram. plus go with a cheaper case. cheaper the case the more hard ware u fit in.
 
add a ssd get a 700w psu antec u dont need 850w psu, get ride of the hdd and put a samsung sping point 1tb, and try to find a better case that suxs dude go for xiclo
 

Latest posts

Back
Top