What to upgrade...

Tension

Thread Junky
Joined
Dec 20, 2009
Messages
768
I've been meaning to upgrade for pretty much years now and keep putting it off but I'm finally gonna do it, I just don't know how I'm gonna do things.

What should I upgrade first, and with what? I kinda don't want to spend a whole lot, but I want a worthwhile upgrade. I think ?200 is reasonable for a video card, and you can work out from that prices for other things I suppose, without bottlenecking and whatnot. I'm not really up to date with these things. :(

m6IkA.png

pacgR.png

oL34C.png

ERKzl.png


Oh, I'm in the UK obviously so I'll be ordering from British websites

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/
http://www.scan.co.uk
http://www.ebuyer.co.uk

I think Overclockers is the best bet.
 
He did. The only thing missing is the PSU, but let me summarize for him:

Radeon HD 4850
Asus P5KPL-AM Mobo (P35/G33/G31)
4 GB DDR2 RAM
Intel Core2Duo E7400 @ 2.8 GHz.

I'm scratching my head on this, as any upgrade might be limited by the CPU and RAM (GPU limited by the CPU, upgrade the CPU may need to upgrade the RAM). Not wholly sure yet (will try to give some recommendations when I get off work)
 
I guess I could save for a bit longer if I need to upgrade multiple things at once.

I'm flexible.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top