Recover files formatted by windows 7 reinstall

RustyPwns!

Thread Thumper
Joined
Jun 3, 2009
Messages
1,097
Hey, I'm hating my life right now. So I use some program to repartition my main drive with unallocated space in my HDD. So while it was doing the process it said it would take over an hour, so I canceled. I go to try and reboot my comp and it said the boot.ini or some other files were corrupted so I go to reinstall windows to fix it. Turns out, it completely formatted the drive because it was completely corrupted and it didn't make the usual windows.old folder. What can I do to recover my files? :facewall::facewall::facewall::facewall:

I tried a bunch of programs and no use...
 
116110d1238597533-2007-exige-s-reverse-lamps-frog_bump.jpg
 
You probably will not be able to recover every file due to re-installing
Windows, some files might have been written over by now...

But here's a couple of programs that could help you out:
 
You think bestbuy could help?

Don't go to that evil place. GeekSquad will charge you $200 to use Recuva for you.

Just download Recuva, linked in the post above and grab what files you can find.

I'm sure there are some other programs out there too. Just google.
 
If you're near Tallahassee, FL...come to my shop. Free services for eGO members. (Most likely will take a few hours to do what you need.)

If you need references for your area, let me know.
 
Back
Top